Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

I’m having exactly the same when installing the package from scratch…

1 Like

I’ll investigate and take that in consideration when creating the next version, stay tuned.

1 Like

After a reboot of my NAS I’m also trapped in only supervisor/dns running. HA got stopped and doesn’t come back. :frowning:

just created an account to say: thank you, you are awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hi all, we will fix this issue in next Docker package update. The workaround is to apply environment value in Docker UI.

As it is confirmed that the issue is with environment variables so I will not build a new package instead I offer two solutions:

1. Run this script as a task once hass.io is started:
CONFIG_FILE="/usr/local/hassio/etc/hassio.json"

if docker --version|grep 18.09.6 >/dev/null; then
    NEWENV="\"TZ=`date +"%Z"`\""
    NEWENV+=",\"HASSIO=hassio\""
    NEWENV+=",\"HASSIO_TOKEN=$(jq -r .access_token "$(jq -r .data ${CONFIG_FILE})/homeassistant.json")\""

DOCKER_JSON="/var/packages/Docker/target/docker/containers/$(docker inspect homeassistant |jq -r '.[0].Id')/hostconfig.json"
    TMP_FILE=$(mktemp)
    jq --argjson newenvs "[${NEWENV}]"  '.Env += $newenvs' ${DOCKER_JSON} > $TMP_FILE

docker stop homeassistant
    mv $TMP_FILE $DOCKER_JSON
    docker start homeassistant
fi
  1. Replace the hassio.sh file with this one: hassio.sh · GitHub (curl https://gist.githubusercontent.com/fredrike/b23aacac7bd2d386ea00e138320202df/raw/hassio.sh >/var/packages/hassio/target/bin/hassio.sh && chmod +x /var/packages/hassio/target/bin/hassio.sh will do this autmatically).

I do not know what is going on here but it is probably due to the bug introduced in the Docker 18 package. I suggest that you downgrade Docker as described above.

If you have the homeassistant container the above should work. Otherwise downgrade Docker until Synology have a working Docker version.

Thank you, and welcome to the community!

A side note, I’m looking for an offsite backup location for approx 500GB data, if someone have spare place send me a PM (perhaps we can trade offsite storage :slight_smile:).

Hm… the container is gone, too. I’ve just got the ha:0.98.1 image left. This may be my own fault as I’ve removed the old ha:latest 3 gig image manuall, but according to the log ha was just stopped. Not really sure where it has gone. Should the supervisor be able to create the container again or is that the broken part related to the Docker upgrade?

The supervisor will only create the ha container the first time (or if config.json is missing)…

Ok. Didn’t got supervisor to recreate the container. So I went down the hard way, downgraded Docker and started from scratch with a backup of the hass.io folder. Now I’m back where I started, but 1 hour older, a lot wiser and with backups of the container config. :wink:

1 Like

I am not able to install addons after adding the environment variable HASSIO_TOKEN to the homeassistant container.
The error message I get:
/run.sh: line 51: HASSIO_TOKEN: unbound variable
Any idea to workaround this issue?

Downgrade Docker. That will be the solution until Synology fixes the variable bug.

I love this package, change from docker version to this package with the benefits of Hass.io thanks a lot!
Only my Google Asssistant integration is not working anymore.

Delete all the existing projects and data and follow this steps again: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/

Successful create a TEST app only its not linking with HA, in the final stap.

Anyone else have issues or works the google ass integration fine?

Just downgraded Docker en re installed, don’t tick delete all. And you’ll be good to go, reinstall older version and everything should be like before.

Could be a routing issue, is your hass accessible from the outside via base_url in configuration.yaml?

This workaround is not working with 0.98.2. :frowning:

Clicking on Hass.io addons got me this → "Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js. "

and also different other issues:

2019-09-02 18:00:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /homeassistant/options return code 403.
2019-09-02 18:00:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /supervisor/options return code 403.
2019-09-02 18:00:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /homeassistant/info return code 403.
2019-09-02 18:00:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Can’t read last version:
2019-09-02 18:00:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /ingress/panels return code 403.
2019-09-02 18:00:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.addon_panel] Can’t read panel info:
2019-09-02 18:00:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /discovery return code 403.
2019-09-02 18:00:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.discovery] Can’t read discover info:

It is probably not due to 0.98.2…

But downgrade Docker, this issue is on Synology and not much we can do about it.

when downgrading will I lose my docker configurations!?

No, you probably will not lose anything.

I’ve repacked the 17.05 Docker package for convenience so you can “upgrade” the 18.09.0 into the 17.05 version (so no need to uninstall).

You can manual install this file and “everything” should be working again (I’ve not had time to verify that everything is running 100% yet).

Edit: I had to remove the homeassistant container and remove the config.json from the hass.io folder. But everything else seems to be working fine after the “upgrade”.

1 Like

@fredrike i’m running docker 17.05.0-0401 and installed “hassio_x64-6.1_20190813-6dd0666c.spk” When i press the hassio button a blank screen shows without any error messages

I’m i missing something?

No, that sounds strange. Try restarting the hassio package a few times it usually helps.

I reinstalled the hass.io package and now it works.

1 Like