Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

How are people running the native HA on the main IP of their NAS and still adding the Node Red addon with amazon-local? Port 80 is needed for NR and alexa-local.

I read in this thread , but I’m also reading that if you start using compose.yaml you lose the UI simplicity?!?

jwb

same problem once I complete the integration of the zwave plugin the home assistant docker container reboots every minute. Is there an issue with adding zwave after the original install ?
@BeardedConti did you put your zwave stick on this package or have you still got your system setup as per your first videos on youtube? I’m thinking i might have to follow your earlier works.

Ok so I have it working.:exploding_head: :tada:
So the addon in hassio hates me. the integration zwave plugin hates me, but if I just yaml the zwave details in the configuration.yaml file, everything works. It’s surviving reboot that I chose to make, and it’s not rebooting it brains out. Ok let’s add some nodes

Sorry if this has been answered or is basic but I have tried to review the thread for an answer and can not find it. I have just setup HA on my 218+ and have it working with many integrations but am having trouble with the USB Zwave/Zigbee stick. Its a HUSBZB-1. I installed the Drivers from the second link but am unsure where to run the commands posted.
“sudo insmod /lib/modules/usbserial.ko
sudo insmod /lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko”

Does anyone have a link to a walk-through or is able to help me understand this process a bit more.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Ok I think I got it going… For any in my boat the sequence of events is.
1.) Attach USB ZWave/Zigbee Stick.
2.) Install Drivers from link in second post.
3.) Remove and reinsert stick.
4.) Restart HA.
This populated the sticks for me on links dev/ttyUSB0 and dev/ttyUSB1.

@fredrike The current releases of HA appear to have a couple of issues related to Global Cache devices. Both have had recent code updates that needs to be implemented. I have been unable to cross reference the plumbing to match what the git or community pages state to do.

How would one go about updating the code for these two specific issues?

1. Multiple Configutation Entries for GC100 Devices
    The fix is creating multiple folders in your python directory. This screen shot is from the person who found the resolution and sent to me:

I am unable to find any of that file folder structure in my Synology shared folder. I presume this will be on a different container or perhaps now used in the custom_components folder?!?

1. There is up update to Global Cache iTach IR sluggish/non-responsive issues that was updated last month which can be found here, its community page. Same plumbing issues as well. I can’t find the path to site-packages dir.

Cheers

jwb

Couldn’t see 1. as the post doesn’t exist…
For 2. - this is hack/workaround - I don’t think that it’s preferred method of fixing/improving things. It can be temporary way of getting things working, but that should be implemented in package not like that.

Thank you for the reply. Strange the first link didnt work. The topic is:
request-for-help-with-multiple-configuration-entries-for-the-same-platform/208260.
There is an issue with multiple Global Cache GC-100s, and this thread provides a resolution, but again, requires placing additional files in directories.

Can these additional GC-100 py files be added to the custom_components dir?

Thanks

jwb

These files are located inside Docker container @jwbtx - you have to connect to container, and inside container you can change those files.

You can read here about options on how to di it. You still need to transfer file to container. One way is using mapped volumes. And then you simply copy from it to the folder you need file to be located.

The docker exec and docker attach commands allow you to connect to a running container. To get an interactive shell to a container, use the exec command to start a new shell session. The attach command attaches your terminal to a running container.

Be very careful… :wink:

Thank you for the detail!
I’ll read up on connecting to the containers.

be-very-very-careful

Today I accidentally powerd off my Synology NAS where HA was running on Docker. Since I started it again, HA is now running and when looking at Docker on my NAS so is supervisor, but when I click the Supervisor-Tab in my HA Web-UI, it stays empty… also the rest of the sidebar is missing…
HA though is able to control e.g. my lights… But obviously there are some problems with supervisor and Home-Assistant communicating correctly?!?

Here are some logs I got from Docker:

Home-Assistant:
https://hastebin.com/eduxubacen.sql

Supervisor:
https://hastebin.com/sucomifaxo.sql

DNS:
https://hastebin.com/unigabihev.cs

Would be great if anybody who understands then could tell me how to fix the issue! Would be very thankful as I have no idea to get everything running again :slight_smile:

EDIT:
For me it was the classic “Restart your NAS” that solved my problem :wink:

1 Like

Just to make sure - you have only hass.io (supervised version/syno community package) installed, or you also have HA Core (directly in docker).

I have both installed, but only one running at each time. hass.io used homeassistant (no space) name of Docker container, and my other (Core) version is home-assistant. That’s how I’m sure on what’s running.

If you have only hass.io package installed - disregard everything I’ve written, and let’s try another path :slight_smile:

Stop by hand home assistant container. And also stop and start hassio package in package center. And check what’s going on.

EDIT: So you are using just hass.io - try stopping containers by hand and stop/restart hassio Syno Community package. It should work (I hope)

Hass.io on Synology has been working fantastic for me…I have installations on two different Synology NAS. However, I was curious if switching to MariaDB would offer any performance benefits. The downside, of course, is one more thing to manage.

To keep things consistent and portable in the future with snapshots, I would install using the Hass.io Add-on rather than a separate standalone Docker installation on the Synology.

Is it worth the added complexity? Even on my old DS1511+, the last several Home Assistant updates have greatly sped things up, so performance doesn’t seem to be quite the issue it was.

Thanks for any insight!

1 Like

Hey @ryans - I’m using influxDB as separate container in docker for database.
I don’t think that here it’s question of complexity, but question of need. If you are OK with current setup, you really don’t need MariaDB or influxDB or and other/external db.

But what you get from this setup is possibility to store data for longer period of time in more robust environment, that can handle more records. So do you need long term sensor information or stats from entities?

Then again, I could be completely of the track here :smiley:

For the add-ons, is there any way to get the logs from further back?

I have an issue with the Deconz add-on that seems to be sending messages to Node-Red at the early hours of the morning and turning lights on. I can see the timestamps in my Node-Red flows and the only triggers are zigbee buttons around the house. Just trying to trace what is causing the inputs.

Check in /hassio/addons/ folder for Deconz logs - it can be in data folder (maybe) but browse around.
Some of my containers have there logs (data folder), but I don’t have deconz running.

Thanks, I can’t find any deconz logs anywhere. Today I managed to find some logs in the docker container details, but they don’t point to what it causing these lights to come on around 4am.

I’m also trying to find the Node-Red logs but they seem to be console only. Trying to work out how to get these outputted to a file so I can see what is triggering the flow output.

Here is the issue I am having. Around 4am for the last 3 days, some of the lights in the house come on. These lights are controlled by different services, one is a Shelly relay, one is a Tuya smart plug with a lamp plugged in, the others are zigbee bulbs. Each of these lights has a Flow in Node-Red that allows me to turn them on using various zigbee button switches around the house. I can see in Node-Red there is a timestamp that toggles the lights at the time they come on, so I can see the Node-Red is turning them on, what I cannot see is why. Is it Node-Red going mad or is it the Zigbee buttons from Deconz sending the input to the flow? Here’s a screenshot of two of the 5 flows affected.

The installation of v0.113.0b0 worked without any problems. But from the update to v0.113.0b1 and higher it no longer works.

I always get the following error message:

20-07-19 14:12:14 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.113.0b2
20-07-19 14:12:14 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.113.0b0 to homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.113.0b2
20-07-19 14:12:14 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant tag 0.113.0b2.
20-07-19 14:12:30 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.113.0b2 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (“Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant/manifests/0.113.0b2: Get https://auth.docker.io/token?scope=repository%3Ahomeassistant%2Fqemux86-64-homeassistant%3Apull&service=registry.docker.io: net/http: request canceled (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)”).
20-07-19 14:12:30 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

What is going wrong please?

Now I have deleted the installation, deleted Docker and tried to set up both again. Now the image is no longer installed. There is only one file left in the hass.io folder.

I’m sorry I made the horses shy here.
It turned out that there were problems with the latest firmware update for my Fritzbox 6591. Basically, the update seemed to be running, but Homeassistant on Synology and on Pi didn’t work. I don’t know what it was, but the step back to the previous version resulted in everything working as before.

1 Like

HI CAN YOU HELP ME? I DONT SEE IT ON THE PACKAGE MANAGER, IVE ADDED THE SYNOCOMMUNITY PACKAGE SOURCE I HAVE BETA ENABLED IVE TRIED ADDING IT WITH A MANUAL INSTALL IT JUST CRASHES I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP <3 MUCH LOVE REEKID.