Hass.io screen not loading (404 error)

Installed from scratch, got this issue. Anyone know how to downgrade to a working version without command line, hassio panel or anything?

I just did a fresh install migrating to HassOS. And hassio page is blank, cant install samba, cant restore snapshot. Where can I find info regarding fix?

EDIT: Found it https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15816

1 Like

75.1 upgrade released to fix

Daft question, but if you canā€™t get into the hassio menu, then is there another way to update without ssh?

I have ssh access and Iā€™m researching how to upgrade with that too. Iā€™m unsure what to do in your case. Others have the same problem, so Iā€™d say keep watching the forums.

Also, I may have posted too soon as .75.1 is released, but Iā€™m not sure if the hassio build is ready just yet (since I canā€™t get to the panel). This is a real chicken/egg kinda problem.

Turns out I can see the hassio panel in the mobile app, and itā€™s not showing the .75.1 upgrade yet.

Fear not, I have a snapshot saved, Iā€™ll do a fresh start me thinks. But thank you

0.75.1 hassio build should now be available for all.

So, did fresh install. 0.75.1.
Same problem as 0.75.0. Blank screen on hassio tab. No way for me to add samba and restore snapshot.Ƥ

EDIT: Reboot and ctrl + F5 fixed it. Can see hassio tab now!

Blank when loading from PC,
Can load Hass.io tab from Mobile but no update available.

Just trying hass-io for the first time and receiving this error.

From what I can gather, you do the actual updating from this particular page that wont load (ie http://hassio.local:8123/hassio).

Iā€™ve tried re-downloading the particular file from this page: https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/ (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and B+ 32bit in my case) but it appears to still be hass-io v1.9 and I cant figure out how to move from 0.75.0 to 0.75.1.

Any advice?

People read the whole thread instead of asking the same inane question over and over and over.

1 Like

@nickrout - ā€œPeople read the whole thread instead of asking the same inane question over and over and over.ā€

Iā€™ve been trying to debug this for a few hours. Iā€™ve read the links, iā€™ve dived down the rabbit-hole of information and links. Do take note that M203ā€™s post was later edited, to another post, which was later merged with yet another post - all of which are constantly being updated.

Iā€™ve been from here: community_.home-assistant.io
to github
.com/home-assistant/
and on to discordapp
._com/

I asked politely for help, stating that I had been trying hassio for the first time.

Should I require on-going monitoring of 3 separate communities (so called ā€œsupportā€ communities) in order to not have my query labelled ā€œinaneā€ and tiresome (ā€œover and over and overā€)?

Cheers for the help @nickrout. Much appreciated. Youā€™re a shinning beacon to newcomers of hass.io!

4 Likes

The link posted goes to a github issues page which fully explains how to fix this.

PS my post was not directed at you in particular.

ah, you meant @allpeople(!@oranblackwell) - I should have known.

When I did read that thread it didnt actually contain the answer to my question.

PS Your post could be more constructively worded as something like: ā€œhey all, new info available [here] which should help with any issues youā€™re havingā€ instead of ~ā€œYouā€™re all dumb-asses who are beneath meā€~

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, I had the same question.

Same Issue White screen

Same answer.

Mention in another thread by @Flintstone. Reboot via dev-service -> hassio.host_reboot fixes the issue

Thanks. That and Control + Alt + R in Chrome fixed the issue for me.