Hass.io via Docker

It was a reply to the person who posted how to install the whole system all on docker…

As for installing on NUC , I wanted to try it on docker first as I have a server. Much easier than spending more on (another) pi .

Not even sure that Hass is something for me given that I can’t seem to see a way of integrating Alexa or smartthings (I see it’s supported but it complains of not being able to set it up although it’s a fresh install).

A “supervised” installation is (a bunch) of docker containers.
I assume your “unhealthy” status is due to missing bits and pieces due to the manual installation procedure.

It would be ‘unhealthy’ if it was not running on Debian - make it healthy (until the supervisor updates it’s self) by restarting supervisor with either portainer or restarting the supervisor container, you can’t use the restart supervisor inside HA, at least I haven’t found that to work.

ah ok, i followed that link and it talked about installing natively on a pi etc. i’ll look into it again when i have some time :slight_smile:

it is running on docker on OMV (debian based)
i’ve restarted the supervisor a few times using portaner and made no difference. :frowning:

Well I’m running Ubuntu and the only way I can update anything is to restart the supervisor via portainer or restart the supervisor container via the command line.

It’s due to the base O/S not being debian…

Debian based isn’t Debian. Ubuntu and Raspbian for example are debian based and unsupported.

I’m running a supervised install on a rpi3b raspbian, with no “unhealthiness” :wink:

It says “unsupported” but I have access to everything

If it says unsupported you will have issues with updates and probably greater grief in the future.

No, I don’t. I have already upgraded at least a dozen times.
IIRC, it says unsupported because I didn’t allow it to manage my network settings, actually.

EDIT:

It tells why the system is “unsupported” (the docker one is because I run a peculiar setup where my RPI3 boots and run from network (no local SD nor SSD), preventing me to use “overlay2” as the docker storage driver)

If it can help, here is the list of container running on a “healthy” supervised install:

$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                                    COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS        PORTS                  NAMES
388d546d4a3f   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor                    "/init"                  3 days ago     Up 3 days                            hassio_supervisor
b87ef4f62b2b   ghcr.io/home-assistant/armv7-hassio-observer:2021.06.0   "/init"                  4 days ago     Up 4 days     0.0.0.0:4357->80/tcp   hassio_observer
f06e90efc92a   ghcr.io/home-assistant/armv7-hassio-dns:2021.06.0        "/init"                  4 days ago     Up 4 days                            hassio_dns
48bb5b91fe8e   homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:2021.6.2        "/init"                  13 days ago    Up 13 days                           homeassistant
d97cca7dedc6   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-cli:2021.05.1                 "/init /bin/bash -c …"   3 weeks ago    Up 3 weeks                           hassio_cli
7125fea93bdf   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-audio:2021.04.0               "/init"                  7 weeks ago    Up 7 weeks                           hassio_audio
546ffe30e726   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-multicast:2021.04.0           "/init"                  2 months ago   Up 2 months                          hassio_multicast

I strongly suggest you enable app-armor. it is easy

You add below parameters to /boot/cmdline.txt.

apparmor=1 security=apparmor 

I’m fine, thanks :slight_smile:
Selinux already bit me, so I’d rather not enable stuff I don’t know that will sometimes generate random errors impossible to pinpoint :slight_smile:

“Unsupported” and “unhealthy” are two completely different things.

My supervised HA install is unsupported (on an older version of debian and I have many other apps installed outside of the supervisor) but it’s not unhealthy and I can still update and install add-ons.

1 Like

Hi,

I also have a message stating I’m running an unsupported installation.
HA-Error

I’d like to resolve these issue, my setup is a OpenMediaVault as the core OS, with portainer managing my docker containers. I have check the supervisor logs and have no errors everything is green.

The simple fact of running anything else than HA on your machine makes it unsupported.
OS agent is a (root) piece of software that is now mandatory to run on your host (i.e. on OMV)

Generally, just click on the links to get detailed info regarding the reasons.