Hass.io via Docker

flamingm0e I will check in the evening today

This is how the loggers look like for the two other containers, homeassistant and hassio_dns.
Homeassistant:

Hassio_dns:

Can you see any problems?

Hi, I have the same problem. I cannot make modifications to the Hassio configuration folder that I have shared with the OMV samba service. Have you been able to fix it?

Hello, the tutorial is very good, everything has worked, but I have the same problem with legolas, I cannot make modifications to the Hassio configuration folder that I have shared with OMV’s samba service. How could i fix it?

Hi, I a trying to install hass.io on RPI4 with Raspbian Buster. I have installed all required dependencies, docker and portrainer. After that following comands

apt-get install -y apparmor-utils apt-transport-https avahi-daemon ca-certificates curl dbus jq network-manager socat software-properties-common

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install | bash -s -- -m raspberrypi -d /mnt/dockerdata/homeassistant

Got following error.

bash: line 1: 404:: command not found

Also tried with sudo. Tried after restart. But got same error. Any idea?

The URL to the installation script is not correct (so you get a 404 which is page not found from a webserver)

The correct URL is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-installer/master/hassio_install.sh

The up to date official installation steps are here

I know many people have made step by step instructions different places but best is to go to the source as it will normally be the first one to be updates

Kenneth

2 Likes

Thanks. It worked now. I able to see Home Assistant using web page and inside docker (using portrainer) as well. :slight_smile:
Now looking to migrate my existing Hass.io from HassOS to RPi4 running Raspbian Buster.

Thanks again

My OMV is running on a standard desktop machine (intel i5). Is there a particular Hassio image I should start with?

If you’re using an image file use the x86/amd64

If you’re running the hassio installer, you don’t need to specify anything for a machine type

Youtube, guide to hass.io in Docker thanks to @JuanM

Ive setup hassio into docker on a Raspberry with Portainer and all other stuff you need. Please take a look at https://github.com/srozemuller/hassio-config

For those who want to run Hassio (Home Asssistant Supervisor) on a NUC, this subreddit has the solution:

Look to u/hig999 comments.

Real quick guide:

1. Install Ubuntu on NUC
  2. Install Docker.
  3. Run this command

sudo docker run --name hassio_supervisor --restart always --privileged --security-opt apparmor:unconfined --security-opt seccomp=unconfined -v /run/docker.sock:/run/docker.sock -v /home/USER/ha:/data -e SUPERVISOR_SHARE=/home/USER/ha -e SUPERVISOR_NAME=hassio_supervisor -e HOMEASSISTANT_REPOSITORY=homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor

This works perfectly on my NUC Frost Canyon i7.

3 Likes

excelente Gracias

What exactly does this end up doing for you?

Does it install literally just the supervisor or does it also install all of the other containers that a normal supervised installation would install (home assistant, dns, cli, audio, etc)?

It installs Home Assistant with Supervisor, just like when you install Hassio on a RPI. It creates containers for home assistant, dns, cli, audio, (5-6 in all). I don’t know too much about what these containers do, but the installation works exactly as my RPI installation in all regards (so far).

I tried to install Supervisor to my Thinkpad laptop running Manjaro -linux…

sudo docker run --name hassio_supervisor --restart always --privileged --security-opt apparmor:unconfined --security-opt seccomp=unconfined -v /run/docker.sock:/run/docker.sock -v /home/jjussi/ha:/data -e SUPERVISOR_SHARE=/home/jjussi/ha -e SUPERVISOR_NAME=hassio_supervisor -e HOMEASSISTANT_REPOSITORY=homeassistant/amd64-homeassistant homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor

First everything look fine until…

20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.supervisor] Attach to Supervisor homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor with version 230
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.supervisor] Connect Supervisor to hassio Network
20-07-27 11:09:25 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't find homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor for cleanup
20-07-27 11:09:25 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Docker version 19.03.12-ce is not supported by Supervisor!
20-07-27 11:09:25 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker logging driver json-file is not supported!
20-07-27 11:09:25 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unhealthy state. Please update you OS or software!
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [__main__] Setup Supervisor
20-07-27 11:09:25 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus] No DBus support from Host. Disabled any kind of host control!
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Update PulseAudio information
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.apparmor] Load AppArmor Profiles: set()
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.apparmor] AppArmor is not enabled on host
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.dns] No CoreDNS plugin Docker image homeassistant/amd64-hassio-dns found.
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.dns] Setup CoreDNS plugin
20-07-27 11:09:25 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Fetch update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json
20-07-27 11:09:25 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Can't process version data: 'amd64'
20-07-27 11:09:25 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.dns] Error on install CoreDNS plugin. Retry in 30sec
20-07-27 11:09:55 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Fetch update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json
20-07-27 11:09:55 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Can't process version data: 'amd64'
20-07-27 11:09:55 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.dns] Error on install CoreDNS plugin. Retry in 30sec
(this keep repeating.. So I hit Ctrl-C to cancel)

Is there error in the installation script that it don’t recognize the docker version?
And then that next error that there is no ‘amd64-hassio-dns’ available…

Has someone managed to install amd64-hassio-supervisor successful?

hmmm just installed this , and whilst it works, I don’t see the point since it reports itself as being ‘unhealthy’ and therefore cannot install any ‘addons’ (which was the whole point in wanting to install this over the normal docker install. (no idea what the other docker containers actually do tbh)

is there anyway of fooling the system into being ‘healthy’?

Old thread, but why not just using the official way to install HA Supervised on NUC: home-assistant/supervised-installer: Installer for a generic Linux system (github.com)

Installed what specifically?

Was a bit confused as well :wink:
It’s a reply to a procedure in an earlier post.