Hass.io - what to use instead OZWCP?

As i do know theres no OZWCP in Hass.io, that makes “some” problems. For example i do have a Aeon Labs Smart Switch 6 and unfortunatelly theres problem with “analog values” reporting. In simple words - this device “should” send reports about power, voltage, currency values, but actually these values are not updating (problem described in this topic: Aeotec ZW096 Smart Switch 6 )

Generally - after looking for some solution in the internet im almost sure theres some problem with smart switch configuration, unfortunatelly without OZWCP i cannot check or change anything. Any idea how or with what software could i change z-wave device configuration ?
Analog values are not “critical important” for me, but if there is such option - would be happy to have it, see energy comsumption and so on.

My setup is quite standard - Pi3 (Hass.io) with Aeon stick. General idea is to use “some software” for windows, borrow z-wave stick from Pi3, reconfigure (or just check) Smart Switch, plug the stick into Pi3 back, and feel proud and happy seeing “alive” analog vales in Hass.io.

There’s a built in Z-Wave control panel, under Configuration then Z-Wave

Yes, there is Z-Wave panel, but its lacking all this extra configuration possibilities of z-wave devices avaible in OZWCP - at least it is how i do see it when i do read topic linked in my first post. Main purpose of z-wave panel is to configure z-wave in Hass.io, not to check and configure devices itself.
According to solutions found in the net problem with the Smart switch are “minimal changes needed to send report” property - i need to change this value (and check if its working). I cant do that with Z-Wave Panel.

You can configure the devices through the HA control panel, and check them. I know, because it’s what I use.

Look under Z-Wave Node Management. Select the node and then many more options will present themselves.

Youre golden… :slight_smile: Indeed, i can change config parameters from there, and my smart switch finally is sending analog reports.
Thank you for your help !

1 Like

Problem solved, but it would still be great to see the ozw control panel as an add-on.

But you don’t need it. Everything you can do there, can be done in the HA control panel.

Importantly, many devices only send their information when they pair. If you pair using OZW then that information is only visible to the OZW control panel, and when you launch HA again it is missing information, and you’ll think something is broken.

If you ever run into something that you can only do in the OZW control panel, raise an issue. If you continue to use the OZW control panel you’re going to run into unexplained problems at some point, that are going to be hard to diagnose.

1 Like

Hi All,

New to this zwave stuff.

Have the sensor paired and connected in HA

I’m wondering how do I get the values sent to HA in a way I can see and play with?

i.e. motion sensor and humidity sensor, any advice appreciated.

Trying to detect if humidity goes over a certain value then switch on a fan and if motion is detected after sunset then switch on the light.

Same setup.

It’s already there. Go to the states page and look for it.

Thanks for the reply, the states are there but

1: Not really sure which one is the humidity one.

2: They’re not changing or updating

The “burglar” one is working from what I can see in the history:

Burglar is likely the motion sensor if the sensor isn’t sending binary reports.

Alarm type and level you can ignore, as you can for sourcenodeid, which is explained here. That page also shows how to turn your burglar sensor into a binary sensor with a template.

1 Like

Any idea how to get the humitidy and light readings?

Scratch that, came through there after a few restarts.

You got them all? Here’s what mine looks like in Dev Tools > States:

1 Like

I think so:

The node has to be added in secure mode, to do so you have to:

1. Remove the node from HA - in z-wave panel click “Remove node” and press the action button on Sensor6
  2. Click heal network.
  3. Restart HA - should clean the z-wave DB so you don’t have “left over” inactive sensor
  4. Click add node secure in z-wave panel and pair the device with acion button.
  5. Heal network.
  6. Wait a while - z-wave needs few seconds - minute of time to have everything set up especially when sensor is far away from gateway ( youll se node# : complete )
  7. If you are planning to use the sensor on USB power AND you have paired it ealier with batteries you HAVE TO do this whole procedure as it won’t hange modes.