Hass NFC - Control Home Assistant with NFC tags

I’ve just pushed a new version to the store. This changes the password type field to a regular field to fix some pasting issues. Let me know how that works!

The app seems to be unable to detect my NFC tags.
I’ve turned on the vibration and sound settings in the app but nothing happens. I’ve tried writing to my tags with other apps and these seem to detect my tags just fine.
I tested writing to one of my tags with a different app and that tag is now set to open google.com. What’s weird is that it works perfectly fine but if I have this app opened, it just doesn’t do anything.
Any idea what could be the issue here?

Can you use NFC Tools or an app like that to see what the type of NFC tag is? It might not be in the supported list of tags.

Does this suffice?

Thanks I’ll add it to my list to check. I’ll let you know when I’ve got an update!

I have the same problem as Romario, the Tag I am using is similar, but it’s a NTAG215. I am able to read it with NFC Tools but unfortunately with the app nothing happens.

How is this related to my app?

I’ll see if I can add that to the list as well!

That would be awesome, mainly because I’ve got a bag full of these :upside_down_face:

That being said, what other tags would you recommend?

I only have two types of tags and they work fine. Besides the amount of space that can be written to them there’s no really benefit as far as I know, but I never looked into it. I’ll let you know when I’ve added it to the list. I can’t test it, so if you could do that by that time it would be great! I hope to find some time for it tomorrow.

Yes absolutely, let me know if you need any help with the app (which I think it’s an amazing idea), I can see that you’ve already got an Italian translation (I’m Italian), but if you want to translate other content just ask.

Hi all! Sorry for my English.
I have this kind of problem with the app.
I have compile the url and the long life token and if i push the test button the result is good, if i try to write something ( a simple script create in ha "mlight.turn_on), when i push the write button and approce my phone to the nfc tag, nothing happening… Someone can help me?

Does the app run the script on the tag? You feel it vibrate and get a message.

If it does that, don’t you get an error in HA perhaps?

No nothing happen… When i push the write button, i read only the message “keep your phone next to the tag”.

Your tag is not supported then. Can you check with NFC tools which kind of tag it is?

With NFC tools i can write, read abs delete tag… The model is NXP Chip NTAG213.
Which tags are support by HASS NFC app?

There’s a little discussion about this a few posts up, including a list with supported tags. I will look into supporting it soon.

Your app - - > Android - - > Home Assistant - - > Android - - > my widgets.
So i think Android+Home Assistant should be the relationship.

I didn’t found the list in the forum… Which nfc tags are supported?