Hass NFC - Control Home Assistant with NFC tags

Just released version 1.2.1 in the Play Store! I hope you guys enjoy the new feature, if something doesn’t work let me know!

Next item will be the launcher shortcuts. The basics are working but there’s a lot of work to be done still.

1 Like

Omg that was fast. Awesome!

I have a bunch of rfid tags and was hoping it would read them, but it says not. Can you add rfid tags to the program?

Do you have a link of the tags, or a brand and type? I’m not sure if they have room for data to be written to them. So the app and phone do recognize something?

here is a screenshot of what is read

I just skimmed the above thread. Is there an example of nfc tags that are suitable?

It’s been a while since I’ve worked on it, but here’s the code from the app with the allowed NFC types:

<tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcA</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcB</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcF</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcV</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.IsoDep</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.MifareClassic</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.MifareUltralight</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NdefFormatable</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.Ndef</tech>
    </tech-list>
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcBarcode</tech>
    </tech-list>

Got the tags. Got the app. And my wife now wants a phone with NFC so she can operate the garage door more easily when going out for a walk. Just wanted to say thanks. Will be adding review on Google Play Store.

Really cool to hear! Thanks!

I’ve installed the app and now it is working without a problem.

I’ve had a little problem pasting the access token into the app.
My smarthome, a Xiaomi Redmni Note 8T, doesn’t allow pasting into password fields.
This seems to be a “security feature” and I’ve read that this could become a generell Android “feature” in the future.

Is it really necessary that the input field for the token is a password field?

If someone else has the same problem:
I solved this by installing Keepass2Android and switching the keyboard to the one from the app. This way I was able to paste the token from the keepass storage.

Thanks for letting us know! I don’t think it has to be a password field indeed. I’ll write that down for a next version, cheers!

Posting in English would help I guess. :wink:

Okay, okay, I’ll use the translator from now on, sorry

I have exactly the same problem as your “dennis84de” with the same phone, could you give me more details on how you solved it with Keepas? Thanks

I’ve installed Keepass2Android on the phone, created a new database and added an entry in this app with the token from HA.

The keepass app comes with a own keyboard which needs to be activiated in the settings of the phone (You should see a notification for this).

After that you can open Hass NFC and go the the settings.

When you click into the field for the token, you should see a notification at the top where you can change the keyboard to the one from Keepass2Android.
You have to click on the lock symbol where you can select the entry from your keepass database.

This way your token is pasted into the field.

I hope this was clear enough. I’v had to write this from memory because I uninstalled keepass afterwards.

I’ve just pushed a new version to the store. This changes the password type field to a regular field to fix some pasting issues. Let me know how that works!

The app seems to be unable to detect my NFC tags.
I’ve turned on the vibration and sound settings in the app but nothing happens. I’ve tried writing to my tags with other apps and these seem to detect my tags just fine.
I tested writing to one of my tags with a different app and that tag is now set to open google.com. What’s weird is that it works perfectly fine but if I have this app opened, it just doesn’t do anything.
Any idea what could be the issue here?

Can you use NFC Tools or an app like that to see what the type of NFC tag is? It might not be in the supported list of tags.

Does this suffice?

Thanks I’ll add it to my list to check. I’ll let you know when I’ve got an update!