Hassapp: An alternative iOS app to empower your HA

Hi everyone,

In the last months I’ve been working on a new, fully native iOS app for HA. Seeing that it’s turning into a real thing,
I wanted to step forward and make it public so more people can give it a try.

Although there are, of course, features still missing, it currently offers the following functionality:

1. Fully native UI for a range of HA devices. I’ve tried it with:
  • Lights
  • Media players
  • Vacuum cleaners
  • Plant sensors
  • Groups
  1. Presence detection
  2. Siri Shortcuts

I’m planning on having an open beta soon and I’m looking for testers. So if anyone is interested on joining the group in Testflight and wants to give it a shot, give me feedback and suggest new features… just join https://testflight.apple.com/join/8KEc3nqw! :+1:

NOTE: Since it’s an early stage of the development, there might be several bugs and things that don’t work as expected. Don’t hesitate to add the issues here:

https://bitbucket.org/kikettas/hassapp/issues

55 Likes

Nice! I would really like to try it out, but I’m afraid I’m a bit too paranoid. :stuck_out_tongue:

How did you implement “Rooms” in HA? Is it just regular groups with specific names?

When I introduced the Room concept I had in mind having something similar to the new Areas feature (which I could not have a look on yet), or something similar to what Apple does in the Home app. One of the things I would like to implement is the possibility to replicate Lovelace configuration, so you would be able to import your current configuration.

4 Likes

Hey. Fellow iOS Dev here and would like to try out the app and why not, provide help if needed.

2 Likes

Would be more than happy

Be happy to give some help.

i want to help you!

I wouldn’t mind trying it out either, I have an iPhone 7+ what are you using for presence detection?

Definitely interested in trying it out and helping.

I am happy to let it give a try.

1 Like

I’ll give it a go. Might be good for family members.

im down for it. i can do the ux testing :smiley:

I would love to give it a try too

This looks amazing, sign me up on the list as well! I run the latest ios beta though, so hopefully that won’t be a problem :smiley:

I would love to give it a try too.

Looks amazing! Would love to give it a try

Cool. Especially siri shortcuts
Would like to try!

Hi, whats the minimum iOs version I need to try this?

Will it work with iOs 9.x?

That would be amazing, but i dont think it will.

1 Like

Count me in!!!