HassIO image won't boot - RPI 2 Model B+

Hello Community,

First time poster. I’m converting from OpenHab to HA and have been trying to install HassIO on my RPI 2 Model B+, using these instructions. I downloaded this RPI 2 image and wrote it to a new 64GB SD card using Etcher.

Some details on the RPI:

• My RPI has wired ethernet access that has been running Openhab for two months (verified this is working - OpenHab has been using this for 2 months).
  • I have a HDMI connection to a monitor to see the startup sequence (verified this is working by booting from my OpenHab SD card).

When I insert the SD card into my RPI and boot I get nothing but a blank screen - no start messages, no activity on the ethernet port, no IP address found for the RPI on my router - just a blank screen, even waiting for hours. This post describes a similar problem, but I don’t get any output to show the image is starting to boot up.

I’ve done the following troubleshooting to eliminate variables in trying to find root cause:

1. Inserted old OpenHab SD card and booted - verified RPI is functional, monitor shows bootup sequence
  2. Verified on my router that I have an IP address of the running OpenHab instance, so the network is functioning as expected.
  3. Reformatted the SD card using DISKPART and rewrote the image, then rebooted - no difference
  4. Downloaded and flashed the 2.11 image (current release is 2.12), then rebooted - no difference
  5. To verify the SD card is good, installed OpenHab image on the new 64GB SD card and booted from it - this works, saw the bootup sequence on my monitor, green blinking lights on my ethernet port.
  6. Created and installed the ‘network-connections’ file on a USB drive and booted with that in the RPI - no difference.

Searching the forum, others that have encountered this have just given up and resorted to installing Raspian-Lite. I could do that but really wanted to make the HassIO install work.

Is there something I need to do because HassIO is running in a Docker container?

Bottom line - something is making the image non-bootable. Any suggestions on what else I could try here?

Thanks.

My problem was the same.
Solution for me was to unplug my USB keyboard and mouse at boot time.