HASSIO installation problem

The PI is connected via Ethernet and I’ve setup the resin-wifi as well.
I think the connection is “ok” because it is shown in my router dhcp page.

Yes, it should be. Are your Pi and the desktop/laptop you want to connect from both directly attached (ethernet/wifi) to the same router?

the laptop is connected tough wifi to the same router( laptop ip: 192.168.0.111)

In your router there can be a setting that’s forbids local devices to connect to each other, maybe this can be the problem. In my TP-Link router it is named: Enable AP Isolation. This has to be turned off maybe?

It is not checked :frowning:

Maybe a very strange thought, but disconnect the cable and let the Pi use the wifi? Maybe the wifi and ethernet cause trouble? If you have SSID broadcasting in the router enabled, in the resin-example file you have to adjust the value of, I think it’s called hidden to false.

The SSID is checked and this is my resin-wifi:

[connection]
id=resin-wifi
type=wifi

[wifi]
hidden=true
mode=infrastructure
ssid=MYWIFI

[ipv4]
method=auto

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
method=auto

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=MYPASS

What do you mean with the SSID is checked? Do you mean the router does broadcasting it? Then you have to adjust hidden to false.

Here is my configuration:

[connection]
id=resin-sample
type=wifi

[wifi]
hidden=false
mode=infrastructure
ssid=Xxxx

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=xasdasdfasdf

[ipv4]
method=auto

[ipv6]
method=auto

What does happen when you try to connect with your phone (over the same wifi) to your Pi? Try both hassio.local:8123 and the ip:8123?

I’m very curious haha.

By checked I mean that it is enabled.

I’ve changed my config to
[wifi]
hidden=false

I had zero success with the phone … ( This site cant’t be reached )

I think I’m out of options, maybe anybody else? What kind of router are you using?

It is TP-LINK WR940N

Ok, to recap. In the router you see your Pi has an ip. But with your laptop you can’t access it and also with your phone you can’t access it, not on ip:8123 and not on hassio.local:8123. Your laptop and phone are both connected via wifi to your router where also your Pi is connected to?

It is a perfect recap :slight_smile:

PS: I have working All In One installation on my other SDcard.

Since your pI is connected to your router and your laptop too. I bet there is some configuration in the router that’s not right, so you can’t access other devices over your wifi? But that is strange, since your AIO install does work on the other SD card…Otherwise, try to do a fresh install of Hassio on the SD card and try again but only with wifi?

Did the fresh installation and nothing is changed :frowning:

I’m in the same boat. Exact same situation. Anyone have any luck? I’m using a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Ok I was able to get to the “Preparing Hass IO” screen. My router had port forwards setup from my older all in one install when I was setting up duckdns and the encryption. I deleted the two and was able to access the pi via http://IP:8123

I’m having installation issues too.

I’ve tried 5 times now using 3 different microsd cards on my Pi3. Had it running for hours on end ant I’m not getting beyond the ‘Preparing Hass.io’ screen.

I just got mine to work. this is what I did to get it.
I burned a brand new hassio img file to a new sdcard then I went to the connection sample and configured it like this:
[connection]
id=my-ethernet
type=ethernet
interface-name=eth0
permissions=
secondaries=

[ethernet]
mac-address-blacklist=

[ipv4]
address1=192.168.1.191/24,192.168.1.1
dns=192.168.1.50;192.168.1.241;
dns-search=gem.local
method=manual

[ipv6]
dns-search=
method=auto

after inserting the sd card into my PI, it took me less than 6mns to get this:

All the credit goes to “Maharball1” who pointed me to the right direction.

1 Like