HASSIO installation problem

Since your pI is connected to your router and your laptop too. I bet there is some configuration in the router that’s not right, so you can’t access other devices over your wifi? But that is strange, since your AIO install does work on the other SD card…Otherwise, try to do a fresh install of Hassio on the SD card and try again but only with wifi?

Did the fresh installation and nothing is changed :frowning:

I’m in the same boat. Exact same situation. Anyone have any luck? I’m using a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Ok I was able to get to the “Preparing Hass IO” screen. My router had port forwards setup from my older all in one install when I was setting up duckdns and the encryption. I deleted the two and was able to access the pi via http://IP:8123

I’m having installation issues too.

I’ve tried 5 times now using 3 different microsd cards on my Pi3. Had it running for hours on end ant I’m not getting beyond the ‘Preparing Hass.io’ screen.

I just got mine to work. this is what I did to get it.
I burned a brand new hassio img file to a new sdcard then I went to the connection sample and configured it like this:
[connection]
id=my-ethernet
type=ethernet
interface-name=eth0
permissions=
secondaries=

[ethernet]
mac-address-blacklist=

[ipv4]
address1=192.168.1.191/24,192.168.1.1
dns=192.168.1.50;192.168.1.241;
dns-search=gem.local
method=manual

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
dns-search=
method=auto

after inserting the sd card into my PI, it took me less than 6mns to get this:

All the credit goes to “Maharball1” who pointed me to the right direction.

1 Like

You don’t know how happy I am to finally see that UI again. Many thanks for your help!

Glad I could help, but all the credit should go to “Maharball1”

1 Like

Okay, so my next issue is that there are no add-ons showing in the store.

I’ve tried adding: https://home-assistant.io/addons/ and https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons as repositories, but nothing is showing up

There should be a list of Addons to select from.

Unfortunately this is all it shows. The repositories seem to be listed, but aren’t showing any addons themselves.

1 Like

If you press the Hass.io button and then the three dots, and advanced settings, maybe restart the Host OS, I think this will reboot the whole Pi. Maybe this will help?

Nope, that hasn’t done anything. This appears in the log though:

Blockquote
17-07-29 20:47:34 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished coro=<Repository.update() done, defined at /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/repository.py:60> exception=AssertionError(‘Remote 'origin' has no refspec set.\nYou can set it as follows: 'git config --add “remote.origin.fetch +refs/heads/:refs/heads/”'.’,)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/repository.py”, line 63, in update
return await self.git.pull()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/git.py”, line 70, in pull
None, self.repo.remotes.origin.pull)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/remote.py”, line 772, in pull
self._assert_refspec()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/remote.py”, line 715, in _assert_refspec
raise AssertionError(msg % (self.name, self.name))
AssertionError: Remote ‘origin’ has no refspec set.
You can set it as follows: 'git config --add "remote.origin.fetch +refs/heads/
:refs/heads/*"'.

Been having issues loading on my new pi3 also. On my router I can see plenty of traffic going to that IP. Really curious why it has so far downloaded over 12GB and still stuck on the 20 minutes screen.

Mines were just listed there for me.

I am also stuck at 20min screen more than 90min, don’t know what to do next? I already configured eth0 and wifi sample file as described above and also note old version of hassbian with the same router was working fine.

How did you fixed it ?

Trying with ethernet?

It is the same. And I don’t think that this is an ethernet/wifi issue, because there is a lot of internet traffic from the PI(sent and received )

I finally have a working HASSIO :smiley:
My problem was the same as @shnoiv’s, after disabling the port forwards from the all in one installation, everything is working.
But I don’t see how some port forwards to different IP can break the HASSIO …