Hassio list bluetooth le devices?

any update using BLE tracker with hass.io?

2 Likes

Hi, I did not manage to find the MAC using my phone but your approach gave me a direction - I used my Windows 7 PC, added the sensor as a Bluetooth device, and in the properties you can find a MAC address.

1 Like

Same problem…
When it will be fixed?

Hostname hassio
System Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1
Hass.io supervisor
Version 103.3

If you have the Xiaomi Gatway connected to HASS.IO Xiaomi has 4 devices that work at BLE Gateways now for the Xiaomi Gateway they are the: Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside WiFi Lamp, Mi 1080p wifi cam, Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED Ceiling Light, and one other Ceiling Light. I know it wouldn’t be a direct connection to HASS.IO but might work for you needs I know they will function for the Xiaomi Mijia Bluetooth Temperature Humidity Sensor not sure if they work for the Xiaomi Mi Flora Monitor

3 Likes

hello, i have a xiaomi gateway, sensors, all in home assistant. I bought a mijia dig. temp/humidity and connected to raspberry with bluetooth. But in same places is too far and cant reach the raspberry. Can i buy a mi cam to work like gateway? This gateway can be used in hassio direct ? or can i have the temp values in home assistant through xiaomi wifi gateway.

Thanks

The Cam should relay the information thought your Xiaomi Gateway as far as i understand, that is assuming you do not mod the firmware o the camera if you do that so you can see the camera in your hass setup you will loose your Bluetooth functions of the camera

Is anyone aware of any progress on Bluetooth LE working with Hassio please?

I’ve got mi flora BLE working with hassio using hassos and Raspberry Pi 3B +. What specifically are you looking for as far as BLE support goes?

I’m trying to use the Bluetooth LE device tracker with some ble ibeacons.

I am also trying to use ibeacon as device tracker with owntracks. I get Owntracks working. I see that the device trackers use ble as source type. But I do not get presence recognition in the zone expected.

There is an issue with bluetooth, when option is active:

dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

Please see Using bluetooth and dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

Are you sure about this? I have a led ceiling lamp and a mijia BT temp & humidity sensor.
I paired the sensor with my phone, than I switched off the BT on my phone, so the lamp act as BLE gateway for the sensor.
Now I can see the sensor online in Mi Home APP, but not in home assistant.
I think that’s why the lamp act as internet gateway and connect the sensor with xiaomi servers, not with my xiaomi gateway, so home assistant cant connect to the sensor through the lamp.

what did you exactly do to make the connection between flora and hassos ?

If the mi flora is in bluetooth range from your PI just try this

That’s what I do to make my themperature and humidity sensor to work

Vincent, this is what I did to get the connection working. It was about a year ago though, I’m not sure if the config process has changed since then:

I’m pretty sure the BT plug-in went away with either the move to from resinos to hassos or one of the HA releases.

1 Like

Is anyone having or had the problem that his sensor is stuck at software 3.1.8? Mine constantly tries to update to 3.1.9 but after the installation he dricetly wants to update to 3.1.9 again. :tired_face:

i am interested in buying the Mi Flora plant sensor and am running hassio on proxmox. i think the bluetooth radio is up and running on my hassio, but not sure how to test or check if drivers and everything is working before buying the sensors. can i hookup another bluetooth device to hassio or scan for bluetooth devices from hassio front end or back end?

how were you able to run hcitool on the rpi3b+

I keep getting command not found

Assuming you’re using hassio, there are two environments you can be in: the host environment (this is the OS running on the RPi itself, hassos) and the Home Assistant environment (container - this is what runs HA).

You can get to the host by following the instructions on the debugging page, then SSH on port 22222. You can get to the guest/HA environment with the SSH hassio add-on and then SSH on port 22.

I’ve found hcitool runs in the host environment but not the guest.

1 Like