Hassio list bluetooth le devices?

Generally users post comments/issues on here, not github… The forums are dispersed enough as it is without bringing in another environment…

Actually I was thinking about it, but basically I am just an end-user. I didn’t really know whether this is a ‘plug-in’ created by someone else (who might have moved on) or by the core writers.

I am happy to report it & provide full info as I really want BLE to work. But just not sure exactly where else to report it - reporting it here hasn’t been successful in the last 3 or 4 releases since it was first delivered but never worked.

@uiguy: Well how are devs then supposed to find out about bugs? Do you actually suggest they should keep track on every forum thread?

@DPB61 I consider myself an end-user as well. So I created an issue on github in the hass.io category for the Mi Flora “bug”. Just look at other issues what info should be included. Include logs, especially if there are any error messages. Give as much information as you can, as this really helps to track the bug down. Finding out at which point stuff goes wrong is most of the time 50-90% of the work and that’s were users can actually help.

I created a github issue here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio/issues/235
I got an answer already but I am not sure how much help it is - I don’t really understand what he means by “But there no one was able to make it working”. I don’t really want to get into the development of hass.io as I don’t have the skills for that Seems even github doesn’t appear to be the place to contact the person who actually wrote the code.

The link he provided basically shows a fix, he didn’t realize that we got gatttool working already and only gattlib is missing (which is only needed for BLE but not for Mi Flora). I will try to get this fixed within the next days.

@sharukins Thanks for all your hard work! I got this up and running first try, thanks to you. This is the kind of super easy install that makes hass.io a winning proposition. For anyone else that comes across this thread, here’s what needs to be done:

1. Turn on the Bluetooth BCM43xx Plugin through the hass.io gui, it’s found under the “Hass.io” tab. After it’s installed, it will take you to a config screen, you then have to hit “start”.
  2. Add an entry for the sensor to your configurations.yaml file. You will need the mac address of the sensor, I found mine by scanning for Bluetooth devices to connect to using my phone. Here’s what my configuration.yaml entry looked like:
  - platform: miflora
    mac: 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'

Documentation for additional configuration options can be found here: https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.miflora/

1. Restart your Raspberry Pi. It will take a few minutes for the first set of readings to show up, but you should see the sensors at the top of your “states” page immediately.
4 Likes

mine is not starting … any particular instructions?

@anon35356645 Do you have any info in the error log? (Click on the i icon in the left hand nav and scroll down)

after installing bluetooth_le_tracker I receive this

device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker because could not install dependency gattlib==0.20150805

I can install it in my pi3, but not on my NUC.

On both I have same error

Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker because could not install dependency gattlib==0.20150805

Sorry, I’m not familiar enough with NUC installs to be of any use. :frowning:

on the pi3 I have same error

BLE tracker is broken on Hass.io, this is a known bug

any update using BLE tracker with hass.io?

2 Likes

Hi, I did not manage to find the MAC using my phone but your approach gave me a direction - I used my Windows 7 PC, added the sensor as a Bluetooth device, and in the properties you can find a MAC address.

1 Like

Same problem…
When it will be fixed?

Hostname hassio
System Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1
Hass.io supervisor
Version 103.3

If you have the Xiaomi Gatway connected to HASS.IO Xiaomi has 4 devices that work at BLE Gateways now for the Xiaomi Gateway they are the: Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside WiFi Lamp, Mi 1080p wifi cam, Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED Ceiling Light, and one other Ceiling Light. I know it wouldn’t be a direct connection to HASS.IO but might work for you needs I know they will function for the Xiaomi Mijia Bluetooth Temperature Humidity Sensor not sure if they work for the Xiaomi Mi Flora Monitor

3 Likes

hello, i have a xiaomi gateway, sensors, all in home assistant. I bought a mijia dig. temp/humidity and connected to raspberry with bluetooth. But in same places is too far and cant reach the raspberry. Can i buy a mi cam to work like gateway? This gateway can be used in hassio direct ? or can i have the temp values in home assistant through xiaomi wifi gateway.

Thanks

The Cam should relay the information thought your Xiaomi Gateway as far as i understand, that is assuming you do not mod the firmware o the camera if you do that so you can see the camera in your hass setup you will loose your Bluetooth functions of the camera

Is anyone aware of any progress on Bluetooth LE working with Hassio please?