Hassio wifi setup

I cant find the system-connections file on my hassio

Is the wifi is working for somebody ? Iam using Pi 3 and This New hassio 0.73.2

yes…working for me!

I struggled with it as well, but basically what you need to do is the following:

1. backup your old resin file on your pc
  2. format an USB stick and label it as “CONFIG” (that’s what I didn’t do in the first place, but that’s crucial).
  3. Create a folder “network” on the USB stick and place your resin file in this folder.
  4. Put USB stick in RPI and reboot.
  5. At that point, the file gets added to the RPI config and you can remove the USB stick.
1 Like

Ohhhh I missed USB stick, I copied to the same SD card.

Is that possible to set static WIFI IP ?

Thank you very much !!!

sure, replace the section in ipv4…Example is below. The RPI will get a fixed address of 192.168.0.100

[ipv4]
method=manual
address1=192.168.1.111/24,192.168.1.1
dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;

I have LAN DHCP in 192.168.1.1 If I want to use 192.168.1.190 fix IP how can I configure ? That is you advised is not working.

This is my config:

[connection]
id=my-network
uuid=72111c67-4a5d-4d5c-925e-f8ee26efb3c3
type=802-11-wireless

[wifi]
mode=infrastructure
ssid=Roby

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=my_pw

[ipv4]
method=manual
address1=192.168.1.190/32,192.168.1.1
dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;

If I don’t have the old resin file is there someplace I can download a resin file?

In the manual there is a link to the following site, where you can find examples:
https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/blob/rel-1/Documentation/network.md

You can copy the necessary text from the site and change wifi passwords and SSID. Paste that in a text file and save it on the USB stick in the network folder. After you have saved the file, make sure that you have removed any extensions (like .txt).

Not sure what I did wrong but I can’t even access ha anymore. Guess I will start over :frowning:

Not working with static IP :frowning:
Can somebody tell me where is stored the IP . I want to change it but I can not found.

Resolution !!! Thanks for your help !!!

Iam using pi 3+ and Hassio version: 0.73.1 64 bit OS
Iam tring to start the wifi without success. I did the following configuration.
Etcher flasher from windows.

Using windows OS

1. I using notepad++ I set the encoding to ANSI and set the line eding to UNIX. Also checked in hexa the file content the line ends with 0A hexa.
  2. format an USB stick and label it as “CONFIG” (that’s what I didn’t do in the first place, but that’s crucial).
    3 Create a folder “network” on the USB stick and place your resin file in this folder.
  3. Createing file hassos-wifi (with no extension)
  4. Adding the following data:

[connection]
id=my-network
uuid=72111c67-4a5d-4d5c-925e-f8ee26efb3c3
type=802-11-wireless

[wifi]
mode=infrastructure
ssid=Roby

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=my_pw

[ipv4]
method=manual
address1=192.168.1.190/24,192.168.1.1
dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;

6 Put USB stick in RPI and reboot.
7 At that point, the file gets added to the RPI config and you can remove the USB stick.

3 Likes

Thanks au190. We should find a way to get this included in the official documentation, or at least get a sticky here in the forums. I’d wasted several hours trying to get my Pi to talk my network over wifi before I found these instructions.

Thanks! A question @au190… that procedure works also if I have already installed and configured hass.io? Because I’m trying your stuff, rebooting the RPI with the USB plugged in with the file and all that. And it’s not getting the wifi to work.
Can you help me? thanks

Same boat… hassio installed, I want wifi…

I was struggling as you, at the end I followed the instructions on this video and finally it work! I´m on a raspberry pi3b+, HA 0.74.2 64bits, HassOS 1.7
Wifi Hassio

Hope this also work for you

1 Like

I’ve documented a guide here with the Wifi approach under step 5.

1 Like

thanks your instructions are really well done!

Im having the same issue and have tried usb stick and directly editing the sd card…anyone have any successs?

Try renaming the text file “my-network” into “system-connections”. It works for me.