HassOS on Rpi4 not updating to 9.5

Hi!
Lurker, love HA, first post, not first language and so on.
I’m running HassOS on a Rpi4 with external SSDboot and its been working fine for over a year (before that i was using the SDcard).
Since HassOs 9.5 became available I have not been able to update my system. Either it stays on HassOS 9.4 och reverts to 9.3.

What I have tried:

• I had some errors in the log (webui) mostly referring to some odd add-ons I was no longer using, or references to entities that changed name and cards or inactive automations no longer could find. I removed or corrected those so there are no more errors in the log before updating.

• I reverted to an older backup, went through the logs, and corrected the errors. Still could not go past HassOS 9.4.

• Others have experienced updating issues around the 9.3-9.5 versions example: Home Assistant Operating System Update 9.4 stuck. The symptom described in this example is not the same as mine but I have tried some of the suggested solutions without success.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where to look for what’s causing this?

Another solution I’ve been considering is to backup phoscon/deconz and just start fresh with HA, Does anyone have any experience with that? This to avoid connecting all the zigbee devices again.