Having trouble configuring

I’m starting up with Alexa and Home Assistant with this guide. It says I need a Redirect URI though. Where can I find one that works?

Can you access home assistant remotely?

Yes, I’m currently acessing it through duckdns. It looks like things may have changed since that article was written.

I just checked the link and I couldn’t find any mention of a Redirect URI. At which point did you get stuck? Could you maybe post a screenshot?

I got stuck at Account Linking. Here’s my screen:

Did you go through this step?

From reading the docs (I don’t own Alexa) the Redirect URL will already be there when you create the skill.

Yes, I did. I guess I might as well try to recreate it; There’s plenty of spare time. I see Alexa Redirect URIs pre-filled but not the main Redirect URIs pre filled.

Okay, I found the cause. I turned on “Allow users to link their account to your skill from within your application or website”. Somebody should fix this and say to not turn on that.

Glad that you got it to work :slightly_smiling_face:

Why don’t you do it? There’s a button on the top right corner “Edit this page on Github” :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good. I’m also a bit confused about this topic. I’ll have to see if this is a problem for everybody.