Hayward Omnilogic?

I’m in contact with Hayward to see if we can set up a private repo to work on this together. If so, I just need to know who’s interested in this project and how you’ll be able to contribute.

I am interested in helping. I am learning Python, but have done quite a bit of xml parsing in other languages. I really want to get this integration, so I am willing to learn as needed.

I might not be much help with programming, but will help test this for sure!

I would be a tester as well. I wish there was some form of local access to the system. I am considering just using a node mcu and arduino to interface with the various pins.

I am ridiculously excited about this! @Oliver84 Has anyone had any luck making progress with this?

I have the docs but couldnt figure out how to make a successful call , Im a PHP dev , this can def be done in PHP , id love to join the project slaysoft on github

Hayward has made a lot of recent changes since they updated their mobile app and also their entire platform. I know I recently received an email asking to update the firmware for my Omnilogic. The new firmware includes things like Google Home/Alexa support. I’ve been trying to see if there’s a new API we should be using but the rep at Hayward hasn’t been very responsive lately.

1 Like

Just wanted to thank you in advance for leading this charge. I wish they would just allow for local access but any access is better than none. A year ago I stumbled onto a setting that said use beta web server. I got excited because I thought it would enable a local web server. Unfortunately it just connects to one of their beta servers.
Anyways, thank you again for your efforts and everyone else working towards an integration.

I’m getting an Omnilogic installed as well. I’d really like to get it setup with HA. I can help in anyway. I can code in Python as well as a few other languages, test or anything else.

Let me know.

Guys, I have the documentation from Hayward and fully understand how to communicate with their APIs utilizing Postman. However, I don’t know Python. I would love to work directly with a developer who has built a HA integration and knows Python. I’m willing to setup some zoom sessions or whatever to help. Let me know.

@chadlyy

I know some Python but most of my experience is with C++. I am currently making an HVAC automation in AppDaemon which takes into account the amount of Solar I am producing at the time. It will make changes to the temp based on a number of other conditions like cloud coverage and outside temp. It does something called Super Cooling and acts as a load controller for my AC.

To be frank, Python sucks but I don’t really have another choice. :wink:
I’m happy to talk and see what if any help I can be.

Frankly it will not be possible to create an open source integration with a company that NDA’s it’s documentation. The implementation of their API in an open source product will reveal the stuff you have undertaken not to disclose.

Tell the f******* at hayward to stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.

I have had extensive conversations with Hayward on this topic and they are actually good with this effort as long as we have them review it prior to publishing it publicly.

I wish I had developer experience because I would definitely assist. Thanks for this message because it only makes sense for them to be accepting of this expansion. I have the ORP and PH sensors along with an acid feeder. There are so many efficiencies that could be gained through another system controlling these features plus the other standard controls.
Thanks all for keeping this topic relevant.

I haven’t been able to get a hold of the person over there that was helping me before. Do you know if their API has been updated since the new firmware upgrade?

Version 1.3 of the API documentation is the most current and accurate for the latest firmware R3.2.0 released in December of 2019.

Well share the information, everything you have received. No one can develop anything in the dark.

Nick, as you know we can’t post the API doc publicly but I believe you are already in contact with Greg from Hayward right? He said there are several people working on this. I wonder if there is a closed group where we can collaborate on this together?

Anyone that has the documentation had to sign an NDA. I think where we’re at right now is trying to get Hayward to approve us disclosing the API documentation so we can work on it in an open source project. Once we get the green light, we can set up a repo and get going with it.

I’m the PM responsible for the Omni Platform. Please contact me at [email protected] if you want to use the API. We encourage the community to work on this together. We really do not want the API posted in public forum. All that is needed is to sign the NDA and I will supply you with a copy.

Thanks,
Greg

4 Likes