Hayward Omnilogic?

Thanks Greg, since Home Assistant is open source, would we be able to use the API in a public github repo or does that need to be private?

Awesome to see Hayward now participating in this thread! Thank you Greg !

Does anyone here have experience working with API’s in python? If we can get an Omnilogic API package set up, then consuming that should be pretty straight forward and wouldn’t need to expose the API details after that. I’m thinking something similar to what they did for the Tesla integration: https://github.com/mlowijs/tesla_api

This is great that there’s many people willing to work on this. Hopefully once an integration is created it will be allowed to be released.

We just moved and I’m starting to replace the previous owners 20yr old pool equipment. Put in the AQR-940 on Wednesday, and honestly the lack of HA integration is what’s made me take a step back from going all-in with Hayward and the Omnilogic system. I want to fully automate everything and tie it all together with the rest of the house.

It’s probably a good thing this isn’t ready yet, my credit card needs a break :slight_smile:

There are a couple folks working on this now. @alanranciato has the GitHub repository and there is some work already done to get started. I’m sure that if there are other contributors with Python knowledge that the help would be appreciated. Unfortunately I’m proving to be no help myself, but looking forward to testing!

Where? I can’t find it.

Don’t know the GitHub repository, but here is the thread where its being discussed…

Right now it’s private due to NDA restrictions. @alanranciato would need to invite you.

Open it to the public please. Apparently hayward are cool with this development.

If there’s an NDA that was signed, there could be legal action taken if someone shares the repository to someone not authorized or opens it to the public. Reach out to Hayward, get a copy of the NDA, sign it and then you should be able to help.

How can I participate in open source development and sign an NDA.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over the NDA. @Greg_Fournier from Hayward is on this thread now. Welcome Greg, and thank you for joining!!! Would you mind chiming in on the NDA specifics? We have several developers who are eager to get started, but are unsure how to handle the NDA.

Yes I know he is in this thread. But he has had three replies to his message and has answered none of the resulting questions.

Perhaps he does not spend a lot of time on the HA forum. He provided his email address. Have you tried reaching out to him directly?

No. The discussion should be open.

Yes, in a forum the discussion is generally open. But by providing his email address, he may not have realized that. Or maybe he prefers direct email contact. And perhaps Hayward has a preference of email contact so they can keep a record of the conversation. It can’t hurt to reach out to him directly. That’s my two cents.

Greg has been very responsive via email for me!

1 Like

He provided his email so people can request the NDA to sign. He’s responded to my email and I’ve signed the NDA. Not a big deal, but I agree that this being open source makes it difficult to work with since we have to sign NDA’s. Can we get in trouble for publishing code that uses their API? Or are they just concerned about us publishing the entire API documentation?

I asked that exact question to Greg. He understands the document will be used to create code to talk to the API and that code is published as open source. He said the NDA is to ensure the API document isn’t published.

Ok, sounds good. So if anyone here has any code that they’d like to share with us, please post the public repo so we can start contributing. If not, I’ll post a bare bones repo that authenticates with the API later tonight. It won’t be much, but it’ll at least get the ball rolling for us.

If anyone else has a repo they can make public, please let me know so we’re not doubling our efforts here.