Heaty - a flexible heating control, facilitating schedules and manual intervention

Thanks for reporting, is fixed now.

Exactly… It exists for broadlink but not xiaomi unfortunately… I made a lot of requests already but nobody answered :wink:

Git pull?..

Sure, as mentioned in README under Upgrading.

Right, I’ll be back tomorrow. Wish you good luck setting it up, but the log from above looks promising. Again, please remove the multisensor. That just generates noise in the logs and doesn’t help.

Removed it but didn’t get the time to test …

You were right, they actually do a pretty good job in terms of setting accurate temp. But I have different issue right now. My thermostats work on Bluetooth, and because of technology limitation and many Bluetooth devices connected to my hass not every call to set a desired temp is beeing received by thermostats. While setting temp manually via frontend it’s ok for me to repeat set temp once again. But after failed set temp call invoked by heaty, it receives from thermostat old temp and thinks that this change was set manually on thermostat and fires reschedule timer (which I have set to 120 minutes). Is it possible to implement some kind of validation if desired temp has been set and maybe a function of retries? Thanks

Yes, I already thought about that myself and made some preparations in the code for it to work. It’ll probably come before Christmas.

Thanks for your quick reply and for all the effort you put into this project.

You’re very welcome.

I implemented retrying now, although just in a very basic manner. It would be nice if you could test it and tell me if it solves your issue. Default settings should be fine, however there are two new config parameters for thermostats, set_temp_retries and set_temp_retry_interval.

Please note that I removed the ignore_updates setting, but this is not related to the retrying code.

Thanks, will test it right away. Could you please explain what is the default behavior of heaty after removal of ignore_updates settings? Does it still allow to set a desired temp manually and respect it during reschedule timer?

Maybe a stupid question…i can not see a new release on github? How can I test your changes?
pip3 install --upgrade hass-heaty

updates only ‘six’ package:

Installing collected packages: six
Found existing installation: six 1.10.0
Uninstalling six-1.10.0:
Successfully uninstalled six-1.10.0
Successfully installed six-1.11.0

Ok, pulled only new files directly to distro-packages of python3 manually, lets hope I didn’t broke anything with that :smiley: Testing in progress

Tested on some dummy changes and actually…didn’t get chance to verify if retry works because now every thermostat recieve set temp instantly, no need for even a single retry :smiley: will leave it like that and check logs tomorrow

Do you know why this schedule sets me 15 degrees instead of 18.5? It’s Tuesday 01:24 AM so it should apply the last temp without time/day range, am I right?

schedule:                                                              
      - { temp: 21, start: "07:30", end: "23:00", weekdays: "1,2" }          
      - { temp: 21, start: "08:00", end: "23:00", weekdays: "3-5" }          
      - { temp: 15, start: "00:01", end: "07:30", weekdays: "4-5" }          
      - { temp: 21, start: "08:30", end: "23:00", weekdays: "6-7" }          
      - { temp: 18.5 }

Hmmm, this is nasty. I can reproduce the behaviour and will try to resolve it today.

I opened issue on github. Dunno why it won’t load the app :confused:

@bartaspoz Ok, it was a really dumb bug… But it’s fixed now and you can upgrade with pip again.

@thundergreen I can’t see any new issue… Are you sure?

@bartaspoz ignore_updates was false by default, and this is now the only supported behaviour. If you didn’t enable it before, you won’t see any difference though it has been removed.