Heiman Smart Siren HS2WD-Z ZWave config

I have purchased this siren. Stupidly, I had thought this thread was the same item but its the zigbee version – and I had used the info in this thread in regards to the volume/duration capabilities to make my decision. I found almost nothing about the zwave version, which is strange. I suspect the device is identical bar the choice of wireless technology and associated software.

I’ve got the device paired to zwave-js-ui and I can enable and disable it successfully.

My problem comes with my other requirements which are duration, and to a lesser degree, volume. These show as fields available in the UI:

However, they seem completely ineffectual. If I type “1s” and then trigger the alarm using the switch, it goes on indefinitely.

If you’re wondering why I don’t use an automation, it’s because the time state itself ought to be on the device, because that would allow it to turn off itself in the event home assistant became unavailable. Otherwise, that scenario could lead to some annoyed neighbors on false alarm if something went wrong!

Have I bought a dud, or is there a way to get those parameters working?

Sorry, that device supports neither the duration nor volume options shown on that screen.