Help: Linux and Hassos

Hi, hopefully someone can help with a frustrating issue I am having. Its not directly related to HA, but the OS. I have installed HA OS on a Ubuntu linux server. All was well until recently a problem occurred when I rebooted the server for updates. The zibee network conbee II disappeared,

Error messages in latest instance:

2021-11-23 20:34:24 ERROR (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.uart] Lost serial connection: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)
2021-11-23 20:34:26 ERROR (MainThread) [zigpy.application] Couldn't start application
2021-11-23 20:34:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway] Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator

I managed to get it working again by executing “virsh attach-device hassos /tmp/a.xml --persistent”, the xml file contained:

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb'>
        <source>
                <vendor id='0x1cf1'/>
                <product id='0x0030'/>
        </source>
</hostdev>

This time, same problem but when I try to pass thru the USB device the system says its already in config.

Any ideas on why this happens and is there a way of fixing this so that the USB passthru is permanent. The “–persistent” suffix does not seem to work reliably across upgrades and reboots of the ubuntu operating system.

HA OS - 2021.11.4
Ubuntu - LTS 20.4

many thanks

I too run HassOS on an Ubuntu box with a Conbee II, but have not had the same problems. Do you have the Conbee II on a USB extension cable to avoid interference? Also, in the Supervisor deCONZ setup, have you configured it to a device that won’t change? I’ve had problems with USB devices connecting in a different order, and therefore getting a different id. By way of example, mine is currently set to /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2119504-if00.

Thanks Michael, I do have it on an extension cable, but not sure what you mean when refering to supervisor deconz setup? I am using ZHA (sorry if I did not make that clear in my original post) As far I am aware, there is no configuration, it should be automatic.

Further investigation seems that the problem is in linux as HA does not see the device in /dev/serial/by-id/ as you suggest, a quick check and the file is definitely in that directory.