Help with Integrating Eufy Doorbell

@anon63427907 hi again, I followed the instruction of the integration but things went bad.
It ended with the Homeassistant creating many Eufy files continuously without stopping causing the hassio crash and I had to delete them manually and restart the system. Did i miss something?
any ideas

?

Please go over readme file of integration, this is a known issue if you keep p2p streaming always on. There is also a beta release at the end which eliminates file creation at all.

Hi! Great solution - thank you for it.
I have most cameras working well except for doorbell - for whatever reason it shows battery level at 0% and not letting me see the picture. Any thoughts?

There is an open issue about battery in underlying repository, we have to wait for its fix.

For doorbell camera, you should be using rtsp server addon and webrtc. Moreover, you need to call start p2p livestream service.

Thank a lot - picture works now. Will be keenly waiting for battery - thank you for your excellent work!

1 Like

Will the doorbell camera live stream work with rtsp server addon and webrtc? and then use the service start p2p livestream? that would be great.

Yes, that works

Hi everyone - is anyone having issues with the wired doorbell playing the videos? I am using the webrtc and rtsp server. I can start and stop the video using the conditional cards but when I play, it just shows me a spinning circle.
I have set up low encoding, low stream quality, smart displays first on the app but it does not seem to make a difference.
I can see ffmpeg working and it is logging chunks.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Try that steps;

• start live streaming via a service call
  • there will be a sensor called streaming url
  • try to play using VLC media player
  • we will get better information when playing with VLC

Hi @anon63427907
Thanks - I did that and used the sensor called streaming source address.
When I used that in VLC (I had to change the localhost to the IP of the HA machine / RTSP server since on a different machine) and the stream works just fine. Can see video in low quality, no issues.
So seems to be an issue w/ webrtc or ffmpeg?

it should be on webrtc side because stream seems to be successfully generated via integration over ffmpeg (given that vlc can able to stream it correctly) and i don’t have a solution for this, sorry

ok thanks - let me check on the github there.
Is it possible to run without webrtc? If I try and use the default card, and click on the video, it pops up with a blank card.

Sadly no and i don’t actually understand why :slight_smile: but picture card should show latest images refreshing every 10 seconds

haha ok. I can see that happening. Thanks for replying - appreciate it!

This is probably a real ‘beginners question’, but how can I view the stream of the doorbell or link to it? I was looking to integrate being able to view the stream in both a dashboard and perhaps in an actionable notification when someone rings the doorbell.

I am not sure how to use the streaming sensor in either.

Useing a battery model t8210.

Livestreaming is working using the integration and add-on but it is a bit fluky. There are sensors for ring bell event to be captured.

1 Like

I’m stuck on the bit to get the doorbell streaming (security cams do seem to work). In my dashboard I have two cards. One that shows the image and when you click on it should switch to the live-stream and then a stop streaming button to return to the static image (I believe this came from an example on your integration?)

type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: binary_sensor.deurbel_voordeur_streaming_sensor
    state: 'off'
card:
  type: picture-entity
  entity: camera.deurbel_voordeur
  tap_action:
    action: call-service
    service: camera.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: camera.deurbel_voordeur
type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: binary_sensor.deurbel_voordeur_streaming_sensor
    state: 'on'
card:
  type: vertical-stack
  cards:
    - type: custom:webrtc-camera
      entity: camera.deurbel_voordeur
    - type: button
      name: Stop Streaming
      show_state: false
      show_icon: false
      tap_action:
        action: call-service
        service: camera.turn_off
        target:
          entity_id: camera.deurbel_voordeur

In the dashboard it shows:
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 08.22.14

when editing the dashboard:
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 08.22.49

In Node-red I have a flow that when the doorbell rings to send a notification with an image to my phone, and I want to add an action that would let it go to a stream. So for example to that dashboard, or if possible a direct stream in the notification like the static image now.

I figured out how to get the picture to use in the notifcation as such. But the stream isn’t exposed directly I think?

msg.entity_picture = "https://[redacted-my-url]" + global.get("homeassistant.homeAssistant.states['camera.deurbel_voordeur'].attributes.entity_picture");

I was stuck in the same exact situation, and was unable to figure out how to get the P2P stream going. Dug through all the documentation, but could not resolve.

Just to close this out, it was a WebView issue. After updating it on my phone, the issue has gone away.
On the laptop, the issue served to be with an extension (purevpn) which blocked webrtc.
Leaving it here in case anyone else stumbles across the issue.

1 Like

I just got started with HA and I’m trying to get my Eufy integrated. I have a Doorbell with a Homebase, and I’d like to use various “actions” that the doorbell has in automations. For example, I want to turn on a light if motion is detected, etc.

These are all things that are included in the Eufy software for Alexa routines, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do it with HA. HA did detect the Homebase, but it detects it as a Homekit device. I haven’t dared to pair it though, as it’s apparently paired to something else (no idea to what).

Any advice here?