Help with Integrating Eufy Doorbell

I’m really new to home assistant. I installed it a few days ago on a pi4 that I just bought so I’m still figuring out everything and I’m not super tech savvy in general, but I’m willing to learn. I’m trying to add in my eufy doorbell. I’ve tried using the Integration through HACS from the following link https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security

I was able to add my account through the integration but it’s not detecting my doorbell/camera or any entities or devices associated with the account. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I supposed to reset the doorbell or relink it somehow? Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to do anything beyond the login.

Do you have any errors showing in the logs? Configuration --> Logs

Also, try to login here: https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login
Does the doorbell show?

Just checked the log in config:

Error while setting up eufy_security platform for camera
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 198, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py”, line 31, in async_setup_entry
[EufySecurityCam(hass, camera) for camera in api.cameras.values()], True
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py”, line 31, in
[EufySecurityCam(hass, camera) for camera in api.cameras.values()], True
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py”, line 46, in init
self._ffmpeg_image_frame = ImageFrame(self._ffmpeg.binary, loop=hass.loop)
TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘loop’

It looks like this is a known issue - here is the fix: Eufy Camera Integration

Issue: https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security/issues/34

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I was able to get the doorbell recognized as an entity with your recommended fix. Now I’m just having an issue getting a still image or the live stream available at all. From the reading through the thread a little it seems like the live stream is kind of wonky for some people but I can’t even get a still image. Here’s the log errors:

Logger: eufy_security.camera
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/eufy_security/camera.py:58
First occurred: 4:53:56 PM (94 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:54:14 PM

Unable to process parameter “1009”, value “0”
Unable to process parameter “1010”, value “0”
Unable to process parameter “1177”, value “255”
Unable to process parameter “1210”, value “25”
Unable to process parameter “1704”, value “1”

and this error as well:

Logger: homeassistant.components.camera
Source: components/camera/init.py:609
Integration: Camera (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:54:06 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:54:22 PM

Error requesting stream: camera.doorbell does not support play stream service

I actually figured out the first error seems to be related to the motion detection. I turned it off in the app so that has worked as a temporary solution. But I still can’t seem to get a feed or even still images from the camera. Still keeps saying it does not support play stream service.

hmm - what doorbell do you have? I’m having zero issues with mine. The camera stream is wonky but it does work for me.

I’m having issues getting a live stream too.
I’m running the battery model T8210 on system version 2.2.2.6

Logger: homeassistant.components.camera
Source: components/camera/__init__.py:586
 Error requesting stream: camera.doorbell does not support play stream service 

I’m on 2014.4.1 and trying to do a fresh install of HACS + Eufy Doorbell, but I’m getting an error indicating that “config flow cannot be loaded.” when attempting the install.

Any ideas or workarounds?

I also see something in the logs indicating that the version key is necessary, which relates to this github post. Need version key in the manifest · Issue #40 · nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security (github.com)

When installing through HACS make sure you install master rather than v0.3.0 as a new release was never created for the TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘loop’ error.

However motion detection still isn’t available.

I would recommend to look at this topic:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/eufy-camera-integration/

There are essentially 2 solutions:

@bropat 's iobroker based solution. This exposes a host of options (including video) but requires a more complex setup including running iobroker next to ha

@matijse 's mqqt bridge. From your post this looks most logical as a fitting solution. Add GitHub - MaxWinterstein/homeassistant-addons to you add-on repository and install. Make a separate admin user within eufy and use this to login on the add-on.

You will need mqqt on ha, but with that combination you will have sensors (doorbell pressed/ motion detected / last activity image) up and running in no time.

The referenced topic includes a host of information.

2 Likes

I installed master just now (confirmed commit id 7bd8f88) and am still getting the loop error, so it’s something more than that.

i have baked another integration with RTSP support here, take a look: Eufy Camera Integration - #1280 by fuatakgun

1 Like

I can’t seem to install ha-eufy-security.
I’ve installed HACS without errors, when I search for eufy security in integrations there are no results.
I’m super new to this, hopefully it’s simple user error.

The HA log is showing “ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration ‘eufy_security’ does not have a valid version key (None) in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes#versions for more details”

You should give a try on this: Help with Integrating Eufy Doorbell - #13 by fuatakgun

1 Like

Can confirm that fuatakgun’s custom add-on works well for me. Clear and easy to follow step by step instructions.

Hi, with the battery version, Will HA drain the battery ?

The above might help anyone trying to connect their Eufy Homekit Compatible Cameras to Home Assistant using the built-in HomeKit Intergration.

1 Like

if you do not enable streaming on purpose, there is no way to drain battery as it is listening notifications of the app.

Thank you! all working!