Help with the SHT30-P - Waterproof Humidity and temperature probe

I was following the most common pinouts for the esp wroom 32 from the internet, there seems to be consensus on these two pins for SDA and SDL.
I am just trying anything i can find to have this thing finally work.

how do you know which side to read the pinout though ? I mean since the sticker could be placed in 2 directions making the pins completely different on each possible direction…
this is really stupid from the manufacturer… is there any tricks to find out the pins?

I’ve contacted the seller and he just replied to me.
he sent me the pinout!!! i’m going to try now that I have this REALLY IMPORTANT information about the board…

ill let you guys know

IT WORKS WITH THE ACTUAL PINOUT FROM THE SELLER!!!

here it is if anyone’s interested:

As it should.

yes, he also should already provide the pinouts to customers without them having to ask for it.
this is so stupid on their part!
thanks for the help man!
good night
or
day

You are not the only person had trouble with the 38 pin version this week. HiLetgo ESP32 *with 38 pins* which board to use?

Hi.
Great that you found the error.

/Mattias

You know what ? I will return this board and buy another one. Anyway, thank you very much

I complained to the seller about this, he already put the pinout on the amazon page, which is the least he can do…

actually i didn’t work properly, the worse is that all last week it reported 100% humidity and the temp was ok… now nothing…

I am thinking about trying to interface it with a adc/i2c to get more precise and better readings maybe, but im unsure how to actually interface it. on the products tag there was this written on it:
SDA:grn/blu vcc:red sck:ylw/wht and gnd:blk as i mentionned earlier in my post, but i have this adc and i am not sure how to interface it with the sensor and my esp32s 38 pin
would i connect the sensor to the adc then the adc to the esp 32 using Dout or something?

thanks again for your help. I am constantly learning new shit and i like it!

had to actually ask the seller for it, he didn’t bother putting it on the website…

Maybe similar to ADS1115 Sensor — ESPHome

ads1118 is the info i have but i do not understand the wiring that i would be doing?
have you looked at the ADC i specified? its got really different pins than the ads1115 so i’m not sure how to connect from the ADC (cjmcu 1x18) to my esp32s, i mean i dont know which pins to use from it to the esp32,is it the Dout ( which i am guessing is a digital out)

I dont find much info

thanks

i’ll tell you what i think:
sensor sda to cs of adc
sensor sck to scl of adc
sensor vcc to vcc
sensor grnd to grnd
adc din to one of the digital gpio of the esp32s.
adc vcc #2 to vcc esp32s
adc grnd#2 to grnd esp32s

does this make sense to you?

thanks

/fab

The devices you have will work together. I mean the esp32 and the sensor. Stop thinking you need to complicate things.

Hi.

The ads1118 and are the same family from texas instrument. But they are using different interfaces.
https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85573
The ads1118 uses spi and the ads1115 uses i2c.
So the library for the ads1115 does not work.
There are library out there to communicate with it but it will require you to write a custom component for that. Which need some programming skill and time.

/Mattias

1 Like

Why do you say this i am complicating things, i just ask which pins i should connect the ads output to… what is complicating things in that question?
I am asking for help because after having tried by myself, i havent been able to make it work, so I come here for help!?

I just dont know where to get the info i need to make them work together, again, im a beginner in programming and HA, I am a digital colourist not a programmer, so i need all the help i can find hence me asking questions!

I am here to learn, so… If you could point me to something so that i can start this process I would gladly appreciate!

i have time but not that many programming skills, if you could help i’would be forever grateful!
If you can’t it’s okay too, i’ll keep my search, i’ll end up learning how to eventually!

You do not need an ADC to use the temp/humidity sensor you want to use