Hikvision Doorbell / Videointercom integration

No that’s not possible , my addon uses the SDK library , and as you know it’s quite limited in architecture…

But you have mqtt entities available, why not use them in scrypted to send callsignal

Can you tell me what i do wrong …
so i added the DVR ip and user/password … and i see only one camera out of 6 …
how can i see the rest ?

I have not yet added the intercom… i will try to do that tomorrow

It would be nice indeed to make a full written guide with screenshots, then i can add it on GitHub too, maybe usefull for others

I have remade my HASS install from scratch and now Im your hikvision add-on, with the mosquito add-on this time.

the plugin is quite nice, it exposes a lot of features, however I think the Allstate update is too slow, how do you do it? is it actually event based? or you poll the ISAPI/VideoIntercom/callStatus endpoint?

Before using your add-on I did it with the HASS rest sensor integration. however for some inexplicable reason, the body of the ISAPI/VideoIntercom/callStatus endpoints returned empty after a couple of requests and I just can’t figure out why. to fix that I made an Apache HTTP proxy that handles talking with the doorbell, then on the Rest Platform I just put the proxy URL which worked flawlessly. I set it up to update every 2 seconds, and then after detecting the ringing state, I’d push a delete call request and then hangup. and proceed with my own doorbell routine.

Hey, the addon actually is in arming mode (event based) , not polling… So it should be very fast, actually it should be instant… Have you checked the addon logs? Maybe you are facing another hardware issue on your end? Maybe a delay to your mqtt?

So it is event based… how interesting. I setup the automation to push a value to ON into MQTt, wait 800 milliseconds then push the OFF value. that is so scrypted can do its own doorbell things.

it should be very fast too. I was under the impression it was pooling. so I didn’t test further, I will debug it some more tomorrow, I can’t right now because it’s very late and the doorbell is outside lol. (can I simulate it?)

but thanks for the clue, I will get back here after I check.

Np! :slight_smile:

Noo, don’t think there is a way to simulate it

1 Like

@VCTGomes Can you please explain how do you see all cameras when it is connected via DVR?

1 Like

Hi everyone, I got hik-kv8113-wme1 as my intercom and trying to get this add on working. For some reason, MQTT reports the call state as unavailable. When I go to the debug logs, I get this:

Front Doorbell Call state (sensor.front_door_call_state )
MQTT discovery data:

• Topic: homeassistant/sensor/Front-Door/Call-state/config
  • Payload

Subscribed topics:

• hmd/sensor/Front-Door/Call-state/availability

1 most recently received message(s)

• Received 11:41:05 PM

• QoS: 0, Retained
    • Payload: offline
  • hmd/sensor/Front-Door/Call-state/attributes

0 most recently received message(s)

• hmd/sensor/Front-Door/Call-state/state

1 most recently received message(s)

• Received 11:41:05 PM

• QoS: 0, Retained
    • Payload: idle

So the call state is in idle which is correct but how come the availability is offline? I could not work this out. In the UI, the sensor for call state is constantly stuck in unavailable. Can some on help me? :slight_smile:

Have you checked the addon log? Maybe it’s restarting making the entities unavailable?

Hey Pergola,
Help out here …

My intercom functions flawlessly with the Frigate, but I am unable to add any more cameras to it because they consume too much CPU power.

My intention was to use web2RTC to access regular cameras, but I am unable to do so as of now because the camera entities are no longer using it, and the frigate request consumes too many resources.
Do you know how i link the cameras to web2rtc ?

Hi Fabio,
I try to set up your add on, but not see the entity on mqtt section

I try to restart home assistant but not work

I set worng settings ? Thank you

If you can wait, the next frigate card doesn’t require frigate NVR anymore, it can work standalone…
If you can’t wait, just load the PR, you can test it already

Everything looks ok, have a look at the mqtt integration, it should have created the device with the entities

Yes, the problem is on mqtt device section, not appear the devices

Attach mqtt logs

The only entity created is on home assistant supervisor

Is the addon running the whole time? Have a look at the mqtt integration itself, it should create a device there

Yes, all component running, there is a particular setting on doorbell to enable ?
At the moment I only have a outdoor station . Is a problem?

No, only outdoor is fine , what happens if you press the doorbell? Do you see an event in the addon log?

Do you believe the NVR is the reason for the excessive resource request?
i thought it because of the AI capability, which, by the way, i really like since it works nice with homekit (displayu that on my tv) but also there go a problem with slowness and grainy picture in the iphone

Yes, it was in my case, it was eating my CPU , since I don’t have a coral or a GPU on my server…

Added 2 cameras, and my CPU increased from 6 to 80…
You can clearly see it if you stop/start addon…
That’s why I now use the frigate standalone card, it’s not official released yet