Hikvision HiLook WiFi cameras and NVR

I’m looking to buy this Hikvision NVR bundle

I have gone for the WiFi option as it’s a hassle to route ethernet all over the house but I was hoping someone could have a look at the PDF documentation attached and see if this is the same software on a normal Hikvision NVR and if so it should work with the Hikvision integration.

If anyone has any other opinions on a WiFi based Cera system without relying on the cloud though please feel free to make a suggestion.

Thanks

Just an update regarding this NVR and WiFi cameras;

Good: Stream and rstp work fine with home assistant, binary sensor also works fine.

Bad: This guide doesn’t work as there does not seem to be SNMP support in the HiLook backend.

I have so far been unable to get the still image part to work from the camera settings this may be a limitation of HiLook or my own brain for figuring it out.

The overall quality of the cameras look great they are a tad limited in functionality but do have motion detection, I will be putting these up outdoors in the coming days hopefully they will hold up fine over longer distances.

Hi,

I’m trying to get my HiLook to work together with Hassio. Can you please give me the configuration that worked for you?

Here you go, I found that the generic component required a still image URL and that isn’t available for my device and it looks like most HiLooks don’t offer this.

platform: ffmpeg
  name: "Friendly Name"
  input: rtsp://username:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

If you want to use the motion sensors follow the instructions here. You will need to enable “Notify the surveillance center” specifically for it to work.

My yaml code for the binary sensor looks like this:

platform: hikvision
host: 192.168.0.XX
port: 80
ssl: false
username: user
password: pass
name: home
customize:
  motion_1:
    delay: 60

I’m not able to add my Hilook camera to Homeassistant via RTSP.
Would you please help me by sending the configurartion that you have added to yamal file.
thanks

Not sure how much it will help, but I’ve got a Hilook IPC-B120-D/W camera with its RTSP feed working in VLC player and HA just fine, but I’m having problem problems getting the still image part to work in HA.

However if I put this URL into chrome, it serves the current still image every time I press F5 http://user:[email protected]/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture It asks me for the username and password the first time, but after that it does it automatically.

I’m still trying to get it to work, but thought I’d share my progress in case it helps someone.

AHA! finally nailed it:

I had to set the web authentication to digest/basic to get it working

my yaml in case it helps:

camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: Alex camera
    still_image_url: http://admin:[email protected]:80/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
1 Like