Hive Heating unavailable

Hi All,

I have had Hive thermostat\heating integrated on my HA for a while now. As of last night (10pm UK time), it became unavailable.
I have done the usual trouble shooting, Reboot HA, Hive Hub, checked logs etc. I was on on 0.114.4, so as a last ditch effort, I updated to 0.115.6, but still not able to connect.
I removed it from the config and added it back in but still nothing.

I suspect it may be Hive themselves, rather than HA, but I can login fine to the website and App with my credentials.

Anyone else having the same issues?

1 Like

Yes, same issue this morning. No heating, lights or door sensors. Nothing useful in logs so I think Hive have changed the back end name/IP or api.

Same here!

But literally 3 minutes ago I have seen this:

Where I can find the custom_components/hive/manifest.json?

Or maybe I need to create such directories and file?

LoL

Same here … all 3 thermostats show unavailable … however my hive app works … so I thought I did something wrong as I was actually working at the configuration for other stuff …

I can`t find nothing wrong … in logs though …

I also have an issue with my ring alarm it wont the component wont install no more …

I have the same issue, tried everything mentioned above, restored previous snapshot of HA, still the same…help!

right …

just go to community … and search hive in integrations …

install restart … everything should be back online …

if not check in custom components folder what`s in manifest.json

mine reads

âžś hive cat manifest.json
{
“domain”: “hive”,
“name”: “Hive”,
“documentation”: “https://github.com/Pyhive/HA-Hive-Custom-Component/”,
“requirements”: [“pyhiveapi==0.2.19.5”],
“dependencies”: [],
“codeowners”: ["@Rendili", “@KJonline”]
}
âžś hive

mine works now.

This is nearly correct…instead of changing “requirements”: [“pyhiveapi==0.2.19.3”], to “requirements”: [“pyhiveapi==0.2.19.4”], which did not work for me, I changed to it “requirements”: [“pyhiveapi==0.2.19.5”], as mentioned below and now works. Excellent :slight_smile:

Excellent, mine works now. I edited the json file with notepad and all good. Thanks for the help :smiley:

In your custom_components/hive folder

Thats were mine is. Then edit json file in notepad. Save and good to go

Has anyone fixed this on HA Core? I don’t see hive under custom_components, not under integrations and nothing under HACS. The only reference I have is in my configuration.yaml (username & password) … Do I need to wait for an updated version of HA?

Mine is back working now on core.
Make sure you install HACS via the integration page, then from HACs integration, add Hive.
Keep your config yaml the same.

This should enable you to keep it up to date if they ever change it again.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Perfect, thanks. I installed the Hive Custom Component, and all’s well. Hadn’t realised that existed!

Nice job - Many thanks.

Thanks Shane - should the custom_components fodler be in /config? I cannot find it, I do not have it in /config

So now I have to installs HACS?
I don’t have HACS and the last time I installed it I entered into a world of pain… This likley to be fixed in a future release of core?

Amazing. I spent the past few days wondering what I did wrong with my config as all my Hive devices were showing unavailable… I was using the default Hive integration. Installed the Hive Custom Component via HACS, restarted, and all seems to be working fine! No config change required. Thank you!

I don’t know if anyone else is having an issue with this, but with the HACS custom Hive component I can’t successfully login with 2FA enabled. I have to disable it first. I don’t remember having any issues with the core component - after logging in successfully without it, then enabling 2FA, it’s been fine until now. I tried the same with the custom component, but it’s not letting it authenticate. Obviously, it needs somewhere to enter the 2FA code. Do any of you have 2FA enabled? If not, could you enable it and report what happens? This might be worth opening an issue on the git, it could be fixable.

2 Likes

I can tell you what happens with 2FA enabled. You keep getting a text message every few seconds until you turn 2FA off. I have it disabled now. My password is ridiculously long and complex but still I’d like to see an option where the code can be entered.

1 Like