Hive Integration

@dannywi11imas - I think you may be over complicating this.

I have a similar set up to you and for the none time-sensitive stuff I use HA automation’s (most via node-red). Where I need an instant reaction I have used native hive automation’s. An example would be where I trigger a light when a motion sensor is tripped. Using HA (as @rendili points out) can take up to two minutes. The states eventually catch up in HA and Homekit.

Also, to answer your other question I think Hive uses Zigbee and not Zwave.

Any news on the US thermostat support?

I was working with a couple of people with US thermostats to get the required data to update the code and carry out some testing, but I think they have not had the time to test the latest dev code recently, so it has been on pause for a while now.
I think though due to a library update and then a recent update to fix a bug in home assistant with hive I think there should now be more support in home assistant for US thermostats in the latest version allowing the thermostat at least to be added and for temperatures to be reported correctly?

Hey, yeah! They’re showing up now (as “ Heating” and showing the correct temperature. I missed them in the unused entities after the last update. You just can’t control them nor do they have cooling mode or fan mode. Need any data? I’d be happy to provide.

Saw someone for another project was also trying to get into the Hive thermostat zigbee directly. Which would be great to get around the 1 minute API limit and in general being freed from non-local API reliance. Excited to follow that progress

Hi, I’m new to this. Installed Home Assistant 0.108.2 and trying to install Hive. Copied files into relevant structure, config file is fine, rebooted and getting these errrors:

2020-04-10 02:40:58 WARNING (zeroconf-ServiceBrowser__axis-video._tcp.local.) [zeroconf] Exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/init.py”, line 2627, in send
bytes_sent = s.sendto(packet, 0, (real_addr, port))
OSError: [Errno 126] No error information
2020-04-10 02:41:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component hive
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 175, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/hive/init.py”, line 125, in setup
devices = session.core.initialise_api(username, password, update_interval)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py”, line 879, in initialise_api
if product[“parent”] == device[“props”][“zone”]:
KeyError: ‘zone’

Any suggestions?Thanks

Did you use HACS to manage the install for you?

I did it manually. Just checked in HACS and Hive is not coming up in the search for me. Should it be?
thanks

Using HACS Installed: 0.23.2

You can add it via the settings page.

Thank you, I will give it a try now,

Installed via HACS, rebooted and still have the same issue unfortunately

I’m only a hobbyist but just looking back at the original error log you posted - you have several errors across - python, home assistant and hive. What are you running HA on - Hass.io or something else?

I’m running it as a docker on unraid. I have other modules working but just wont work with Hive.

@gadgethome have you added any new devices or changed your physical hive setup? It seems to be failing matching the parent device for a heating device.

No changes. This is my original physical setup and no new devices added. This is the first time I’ve used Home Assistant.

@gadgethome

What is your heating/TRV setup do you have multi zone, wireless thermostat, wired thermostat?

@Khole thanks for your replies.

Its a single zone, wireless thermostat, several plugs and lights.

I had Hive re-pair my thermostat and its now appearing on Home Assistant.
Thanks everyone for their help :slight_smile:

@gadgethome thanks for the update glad it’s working. Did hive advise what the issue was?

@Khole I just said the thermostat wasn’t working and they said that would pair it again and then it immediately worked in Home Assistant.

On another note, I’m doing a notify event using telegram. How do a use a variable in the send message part? I want to send what is playing on plex.

These are the attributes

media_title: Twamie Ullulaq

media_series_title: The Blacklist

Thanks