Hive Integration

Ill look at updating the beta version now.

For anyone using docker, you can temporarily fix this by replacing the URL in pyhiveapi. First figure out your container name using docker ps. In my case it’s home-assistant. Then:

#Backup the file onto host
cd ~
docker cp home-assistant:/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py .

#Replace /global/ with /cognito/
docker exec -it home-assistant sed -i 's/\/global\//\/cognito\//g'  /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py

#Restart
docker restart home-assistant
2 Likes

How can I edit pyhiveapi? i’m using homeassistant core in a VM

Hi @Khole - there are 2 Hive Custom Component packages in HACS and it looks like I am using does not yet have an update applied.

Is it also possible to apply the fix to this version too?

If anyone else comes to this thread wondering the same thing, I can confirm that, having just installed this custom component, all my entity names seem to have remained the same and all my automations still work.

Nice work. I’ll bung this in a script and run after container updates etc until resolved.

This is fixed in pyhiveapi version 0.20.2 which is available on pypi. All it needs is an update to the Home Assistant dependencies and a new release.

Any clue when the next release (that includes the fix) will be ?

Is there anyway to continue to use this with 2FA enabled?

Anybody having issues boosting TRVs? I can boost the thermostat but not the TRVs - nothing happens. (I’ve fixed the login issue above already).

Scripts for both actions are as follows (first one works, second does nothing)

boost_heating:
    sequence:
      - service: hive.boost_heating
        data:
          entity_id: "climate.heating"
          time_period: "00:30:00"
          temperature: "25"

boost_living_room:
    sequence:
      - service: hive.boost_heating
        data:
          entity_id: "climate.living_room"
          time_period: "00:30:00"
          temperature: "25"

If you can’t wait for the fix to be pushed out. Here is what I did to fix it. CORE user with docker

Using the changes listed in the PR

Update aka change the .1 to .2
/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/manifest.json
/usr/src/homeassistant/requirements_all.txt

Reboot home assistant

Thanks! Solved the issue for me. In my case the container name was “homeassistant” without a dash

1 Like

@Sooty, there should only be one version in HACS have you still got the manual version setup in your HACS setting via custom repositories. if so you need to delete that setting first.

What a numpty… Removed and fixed. Thanks @Khole!

I don’t think we support boosting of TRV’s i haven’t got one myself so I’m unsure of their functionality.

I’d like to add my thanks to @Magicaltrev89 and @bradderz too.

Got my HA running under DietPi, and the cognito tweak in pyhiveapi did the trick for me as well.

For anyone else who is using it that way, the location you need is

/mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py

Sorry to bother you but by any chance is there any news on this?

Still unable to use the 2020.0 version, devices/services (using 3 multizone setup w. hotwater)do not appear in homeassistant.

@CaptInsano Sorry I have been having toolkit issues since an upgrade to a new Dev version. I have released beta 5 now which fixes the URL issue. Please can you update to it and let me know if this fixes the issue for you?

Updated to 2020.1_b5, had to login via configuration.yaml rather then through the integrations UI but working great so far!

Thank you so much for all your work on this!

@CaptInsano ye the ui piece still has bugs but the config yaml should work without issues.