Hive Integration

@Khole thanks for your reply - I’ll raise the hot water modes as an issue in the core then.
Thanks for all the great work.

@Khole, the response I got to my query about this is that ‘auto’ and ‘eco’ are quite different. Eco indicates a reduced power mode whereas ‘auto’ - in the context of hvac - refers to heating (or cooling) being applied as necessary. My water heating really operates in an analogous way to my heating. i.e. I set a schedule so it’s really ‘auto’ not ‘eco’. Is this not an option for you with the water heater integration?
If not, to whom should I direct a request to have ‘auto’ added as an operation mode as ‘eco’ doesn’t really seem to me to make sense in this context.

@perjury1

This is the list os status we can have. Documentation link is https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/core/entity/water-heater/#properties

To get the list of status updated to include Auto you will need to propose a change in the Home Assistant architecture repository in Github.

The documentation claims that you can:

SERVICE HIVE.BOOST_HEATING

You can use the service hive.boost_heating to set your heating to boost for a period of time at a certain target temperature”. Individual TRVs can also be boosted in the same way, using this service.

Thanks @Khole

I have raised a feature request to add operation mode ‘Auto’ to the water-heater component

1 Like

Before it broke I used the inbuilt ha integration (still have the hive hub), so only installed this full add on to solve the problem. However afterwards I’ve noticed the hive app schedules for thermostat temperature aren’t being applied. Eg hive app scheduled to set 18 degrees @10pm but thermostats stayed at 20 as per set manually earlier that day. Is this a known bug or something new? Thanks

Heads up, not sure if just me, but the latest best version 2020.1_b6 seems to break the integration again. Bringing back the “Unavailable” status :frowning:

2020.1_b6 is working here for multiple thermostats but not for water heater (dev is aware of issue on Github)

I’ve just noticed that my Hive is ‘Unavailable’ too. Looks like it’s a known issue?

Hi
Don’t update to the beta, only use the 2020 stable one.
If you upgrade to the beta, it renames your heating to the name you use on the hive app, it uses a token instead of logging in every 15 mins (from what I’ve read) I also lost my state entity’s.

Many thanks for your reply on this. It would be very helpful and happy to test for you if you release this feature in the future.

Is this fixed in core 116 ? I do not see any mention in the release notes

I wonder the same… Glad I fixed it myself lol

Looks like it got missed form 0.116.0, should be included in 0.116.1

1 Like

Version 0.116.1 is released and the hive fix is in the release notes

1 Like

I can confirm upgrading to 0.116.1 has fixed the Unavailable issue for me.

1 Like

Hi All,

As mentioned further up 2020.1 is beta software and revamps most of the hive backend. This is in early stages of beta testing and has plenty of bugs within it.

Once I get it more stable I will be looking for help with testing this upgrade to 2020.1.

2020.0 is the latest production version which fixes the issue with the Hive Authentication change but please remember there is no support for 2FA yet so this integration will only work if 2FA is switched off.

I have had a brief look at 2fa and it doesn’t look straight forward as hive seems to be moving more of there API’s through AWS.

2 Likes

I set up this integration via HACs (Having initially dropped the python scripts from the 1st post in this thread into custom_components before realising they were deprecated)

I have the entities displayed on lovelace OK, so the next step was to use them in automations I want to turn off water & heating when no one is home and put them back to scheduled as soon as the first person comes home. I call the following services for ‘no one home’ :

# Turn off water
service: water_heater.turn_off
data: {}

# Turn off heating
service: climate.turn_off
entity_id: climate.heating_2

and for resuming hot water to schedule when someone returns, I have :

# Set water back to scheduled
service: water_heater.set_operation_mode
entity_id: water_heater.hot_water

But I can’t seem to find what service to call to get heating back to scheduled. I’ve found ‘heating on’ and ‘boost heating’ services but nothing to return to scheduled. Most of the climate.* services seem to be US HVAC oriented.

Any idea what service i need to call to get heating back to scheduled ?

Thanks

Is the HIVE_API.urls.global_login issue back again? I just upgraded from .115 to .117 and I got the Unavailable issue. The HIVE_API.urls.global_login value was the old version not the new one. Changing it again fixed the issue.

Using the .117 docker image.