Hive Integration

I’ve had the Hive drop off as unavailable once since I posted my last comment. Nothing particular in the logs and a restart “fixed” the problem, but there was some weirdness logging in to the Hive website. I’ll keep an eye and report back if anything bizarre happens.

Hi Sooty, did you ever manage to get to the bottom of this? The light groups I setup in Hive are being ignored and when I setup a group for the gu10s in HA and trigger an automation/turn on/off each bulb executes one by one.

thanks

Hi,

Do you have any thoughts about Two Factor Authentication? I have Hive cameras and they will now only work if TFA is implemented.

Thanks

Hi yes it is upcoming in the beta versions for version 2020.1

1 Like

Thanks. Do you know when that might be available?

Do you know whether anyone is developing support for the Hive View Cameras?

Thanks

@lankylad cameras where out the question previously as the api where based on the web ones. As part of the upgrade we do transition to the mobile ones so they is something we need to look at a again.

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone here could help me. I’m looking to replace two old thermostats and the Hive Active Heating ones look like a good fit.

Here: https://www.hivehome.com/products/hive-active-heating

I see that they are ZigBee devices and both the thermostat and receiver are listed as being compatible with HA.

Receiver: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Hive_SLR1b.html
Thermostat: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Hive_SLT3.html

Would I be able to install them with both local control via the thermostats and have control of them through HA? Do I need the Hive Hub or will my HA act as the hub?

Thanks in advance

Apparently you can I saw I post on a Facebook group and there’s a guy on there who’s done exactly that.
I’ve been tempted myself but not sure if it works with your schedule that’s setup in the thermostat or if it can reconnect to give if I change my mind.
Does anyone know how I can create a basic boost button where I can adjust the temp and time then hit boost.
I know it’s to do with the boost service but I’m new to this so wouldn’t mind pointing in the right direction.
Thanks

Ooo you don’t happen to remember the group by any chance?

Yeah it’s just the Home assistant group.
This is the link scroll down the comments you will the discussion about this.

1 Like

Hi, I need some help. I can see various hive entities but no devices. I have an entity called heating for example with an entity of climate.heating from the hive integration. if I click on the settings I can see the current temp and am able to set a target temp. However it, like all of the other hive entities, do not appear as devices. If not, why not. They are all (movement sensor, light bulb, heating) ‘enabled’ but do not show as devices so I cannot put them on my home page. What do I need to do to ‘make them’ into devices?

@gibsonmb

The hive integration currently does not support the entity linked to devices. They don’t need to be setup as devices to add them to your homepage either that can be done by clicking the 3 dots at the top right of the page and choosing edit dashboard

1 Like

In order to get the hive devices to show as devices under home assistant, you have to pair them directly too zigbee2mqtt as they are fully supported. Then you will see them under devices. If you go via the integration, as @Khole mentioned, you will only get the entities. One thing to keep in mind, especially with regards to hive motion sensors via the integration, depending on what you want to do with that, you need to consider that the integration is cloud poll, as opposed to cloud push. So if you want to trigger an event via HA based on a hive sensor via the integration, you need to consider the poll interval. Depending on what you are trying to achieve this may or may not work. If you have zigbee2mqtt. I have 3 hive sensors, paired to zigbee2mqtt. They’ve been running like that for months now with no issues. But again it depends on what you do.

HI,
Is the beta version for version 2020.1 available now? If so, where do I find it?

Thanks

Hi @lankylad

Yes the beta versions are available through HACs.

When installing Hive through HACs there is an option to show beta builds select that option and you will be able to install the beta version

1 Like

Hi,

I have installed the beta version for 2020.1, but am still having problems with two factor authentication. HA / Hive is causing lots of verification code messages to my phone. Do I need to set anything else up?

Thanks

@lankylad apologies I forgot to mention to use two factor authentication you need to remove your configuration from your yaml file and remove hive.

Once that is complete you then need to set hive up though the UI going to configuration in the UI going to integrations and add integration, hive should now appear in the list.

Once you have entered your username and password and they are correct you will be promoted to enter a 2fa code.

Hi again

I removed my hive login details from configuration.yaml and then uninstalled the Hive Custom Component in HACS.

I then rebooted.

I installed the Hive Custom Component in HACS and put my hive login details back in configuration.yaml

I then rebooted.

Unfortunately the Hive Component is not loading and I am getting timeout messages in the log:
Waiting on integrations to complete setup:hive

I haven’t been prompted on my phone with a 2fa code and have not been prompted by HA to enter one.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi @lankylad

You don’t put your credentials back into the configuration.yaml files. you don’t put any hive config in the yaml files anymore. you set it up via the UI (See Below)

Only follow the below steps once you have removed hive from your yaml files permanently and rebooted.

Navigate to the configuration panel in the UI

Choose add integration
Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 09.52.19

Search Hive

On selecting Hive you will be shown a dialog box to enter your information.