Hive Integration

just logged out and in on the hive app. No change. The hub sensor and heat are working fine under beta 23. So far only beta 21 has got the water working

Just seen what the issue was - fixed and released as beta 24

Yeah that fixed it :slight_smile: Hot water is working !! Thanks so much

1 Like

There might be a issue with the state change when boosting. water_heater.hot_water state shows as “off” when the boost is running. Pretty sure this used to change.

Where it says " BREAKING CHANGE (This will require the integration to be reconfigured within HA)"
what is required in HA to get the additional sensors working again?

Ye unfortunately that is an architectural/hive issue.

Home assistant does support boosting of a water heater so it does not offer a boost status.

Hive doesn’t really have a boost status what it does it activates the boost and it overrides the status but that status still exists in the background the status “boost” doesn’t really exists

I’ve tried reloading, but still don’t have the sensors

Okay thank you. I had automation based off state changes so I do think something used to happen ha. Either way it’s working enough at the moment. And again thanks for all your help

@perjury1 when you go into the integrations page you have multiple options one is reload the other is delete for this to work we need to delete the integration restart and set it backup again

@Khole Great Work!

B24 Installed and I have full Heating & Hot Water control including current states. (Hot Water is labelled as Heating 2 and Heating State 2 but that could just be my entities being duplicated and easily renamed to Hot Water)

Thank you for getting these updates out so quickly! (Especially at this time of year! Brrrrrrrrrrrr)

Kind regards

Mark

I seem to be having an issue controlling Hive Lights and Plugs with b24.

2020-12-05 15:50:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [140027683381840] '"status"'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service

await hass.services.async_call(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1451, in async_call

task.result()

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1486, in _execute_service

await handler.job.target(service_call)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service

await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 499, in entity_service_call

future.result() # pop exception if have

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 664, in async_request_call

await coro

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 536, in _handle_entity_call

await result

File "/config/custom_components/hive/__init__.py", line 228, in wrapper

await func(self, *args, **kwargs)

File "/config/custom_components/hive/light.py", line 133, in async_turn_off

await self.hive.light.turn_off(self.device)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py", line 178, in turn_off

resp = await self.hive.set_state(data["type"],

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/hive_async_api.py", line 177, in set_state

await self.request('post', url, data=jsc)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/hive_async_api.py", line 55, in request

await self.log.log(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/custom_logging.py", line 42, in log

logging_data = name + new_message.format(data)

KeyError: '"status"'

Also received the following following the restart.

2020-12-05 15:41:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error adding entities for domain light with platform hive

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities

await asyncio.gather(*tasks)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 384, in _async_add_entity

device_info = entity.device_info

File "/config/custom_components/hive/light.py", line 55, in device_info

"model": self.device["device_data"]["model"],

KeyError: 'model'

2020-12-05 15:41:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error adding entities for domain sensor with platform hive

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 384, in _async_add_entity

File "/config/custom_components/hive/sensor.py", line 63, in device_info

2020-12-05 15:41:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up hive platform for light

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 207, in _async_setup_platform

await asyncio.gather(*pending)

File "/config/custom_components/hive/light.py", line 55, in device_info

2020-12-05 15:41:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up hive platform for sensor

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 207, in _async_setup_platform

await asyncio.gather(*pending)

File "/config/custom_components/hive/sensor.py", line 63, in device_info

@keviny Thanks for that the quick fix for the first issue would be to switch the debugger off in the hive options via the integrations page.

Can I also ask regarding the second one have you deleted your previous Hive setup and reset Hive back up again with beta 23/24?

Deleting the Hive Integration, followed by a Restart and then adding the Integration and restarting seems to have fixed the issue.

The only difference I think this time was that I did not enable any categories to debug.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the feedback. Interestingly I tried that and restarted the server but that didn’t resolve the issue. Deleting the integration and restarting and then adding it again and restarting appears to work.

Thanks for the hard work, I’m getting my Hive systems back by using HACS and b24, however some scripts/automations are no longer working. Is this still valid for setting the brightness?

lounge_standard_lamp_on_with_check:
alias: Lounge standard lamp on (with check)
sequence:

• condition: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.patio_door
    state: ‘off’
  • data:
    brightness_pct: 80
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.lounge_standard_lamp

I’m now getting errors like this
Lounge standard lamp on (with check): Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 2: Bad Request
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py”, line 253, in _async_step
await getattr(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py”, line 460, in _async_call_service_step
await service_task
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1451, in async_call
task.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1486, in _execute_service
await handler.job.target(service_call)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 204, in handle_service
await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 499, in entity_service_call
future.result() # pop exception if have
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 664, in async_request_call
await coro
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 536, in _handle_entity_call
await result
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/init.py”, line 230, in async_handle_light_on_service
await light.async_turn_on(**params)
File “/config/custom_components/hive/init.py”, line 228, in wrapper
await func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/hive/light.py”, line 128, in async_turn_on
await self.hive.light.turn_on(self.device, new_brightness, new_color_temp, new_color)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py”, line 201, in turn_on
return await self.set_brightness(device, brightness)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py”, line 227, in set_brightness
resp = await self.hive.set_state(data[“type”],
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/hive_async_api.py”, line 177, in set_state
await self.request(‘post’, url, data=jsc)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/hive_async_api.py”, line 71, in request
raise HTTPBadRequest
aiohttp.web_exceptions.HTTPBadRequest: Bad Request

Just looking at the second issue, that error was with beta 24. It appears to relate to the three lighting groups I have.

Not a major issue for me.

Everything else seems to be working fine. Also with the beta 24 update (or an earlier version 22/23) the quick action buttons are also not showing up as Switches / Plugs within Home Assistant which is also a result.

Thanks for all your hard work @Khole.

Kevin

Thanks @Proxlx sensor.upstairs_boost_2 was able to tell me when the boost is on or off. It used to work via water_heater.hot_water but I guess that has changed. Will update my automation to reflect

I’m also seeing this
ogger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: helpers/entity.py:305
First occurred: 16:32:15 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:32:15

• Entity sensor.pi_mode is incorrectly being triggered for updates while it is disabled. This is a bug in the hive integration
  • Entity sensor.pi_availability is incorrectly being triggered for updates while it is disabled. This is a bug in the hive integration
  • Entity sensor.garage_door_availability is incorrectly being triggered for updates while it is disabled. This is a bug in the hive integration

@DragonSorcerer, I would image you have 2 versions of hive running at the minute ones with disabled entities and ones which are not and I think your automation is trying to run against the disabled entity. please can you check I you have duplicate entities if you do I would remove all entities and set hive up again from the beginning.

Beta 25 has now been released, only some minor bug fixes but mainly fixing the debugger mentioned previously.