Hive Integration

@Khole - Thanks. Both the issues now submitted.

Thanks so much for all your hard work Khole. I removed my yaml install of hive then installed b22 heat worked but no hot water. Then using HACs reinstalled hive to b21 and still no hot water…

Should I wait for a b23 or am I doing something wrong ? Thanks

@ha_irish luckily for you I have just release Beta 23 please can you give this a try and feedback

Nevermind I was about to find water_heater.hotwater. It was not listed under the hive component in the integrations screen. All I saw was a hotwater switch which didn’t do much of anything haha

Hi All Beta 23 has just been released if you could please can update and feedback your thoughts.

I need to WARN everybody though this release does include a breaking change and the hive integration will need to be deleted and reconfigured.

Please update to Beta 23 > then remove the integration from the integrations page with home assistant > then restart and reconfigure.

Release Notes

@Khole ha looks like we posted updates at the same time :slight_smile: Right now I am working on Beta 21.

When these changes become part of an Official release do we uninstall the Custom-component via HACs then install hive again via intergrations page ?

For now you need to update to beta 23 from HAC’s and you can configure either by YAML or via the UI in the ha config.

Once the beta’s are stable enough (main functionality for each device working.) I’ll then start looking at releasing this as a official version and also updating the official home asssistnt version so a custom one isn’t required. (Unless you want the advanced features they won’t make it into the official one e.g additional sensors, live debugging functionality.)

@Khole updated to b23 as you requested hot water is broken again.

File "/config/custom_components/hive/water_heater.py", line 93, in current_operation
return HIVE_TO_HASS_STATE[self.device["current_operation"]]
KeyError: 'current_operation'
2020-12-05 12:40:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Error while setting up hive platform for water_heater
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 207, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.gather(*pending)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 507, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 531, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 296, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
sstate = self.state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/water_heater/__init__.py", line 137, in state
return self.current_operation
File "/config/custom_components/hive/water_heater.py", line 93, in current_operation

More Logs hope it helps.

2020-12-05 12:40:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Error adding entities for domain water_heater with platform hive
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 507, in _async_add_entity
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 531, in add_to_platform_finish
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 296, in async_write_ha_state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
sstate = self.state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/water_heater/__init__.py", line 137, in state
2020-12-05 12:40:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Error while setting up hive platform for water_heater
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 207, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.gather(*pending)
sstate = self.state

@ha_irish what state is your hotwater in the hive app is the thermostat online?

@Khole not issues in the app. Everything refreshes and is online from what I can tell

just logged out and in on the hive app. No change. The hub sensor and heat are working fine under beta 23. So far only beta 21 has got the water working

Just seen what the issue was - fixed and released as beta 24

Yeah that fixed it :slight_smile: Hot water is working !! Thanks so much

1 Like

There might be a issue with the state change when boosting. water_heater.hot_water state shows as “off” when the boost is running. Pretty sure this used to change.

Where it says " BREAKING CHANGE (This will require the integration to be reconfigured within HA)"
what is required in HA to get the additional sensors working again?

Ye unfortunately that is an architectural/hive issue.

Home assistant does support boosting of a water heater so it does not offer a boost status.

Hive doesn’t really have a boost status what it does it activates the boost and it overrides the status but that status still exists in the background the status “boost” doesn’t really exists

I’ve tried reloading, but still don’t have the sensors

Okay thank you. I had automation based off state changes so I do think something used to happen ha. Either way it’s working enough at the moment. And again thanks for all your help

@perjury1 when you go into the integrations page you have multiple options one is reload the other is delete for this to work we need to delete the integration restart and set it backup again