Hive Integration

hi @Bobby_Nobble

yes I am getting this too. I had a quick look but to be honest I don’t know why. I will need to catch up with @Khole to see how the battery level code is working now as I think he had to update it to ensure some other updates work ok

2 Likes

Is anyone been able to turn on the hot water boost via HA? I want to expose that into Homekit so I can easily boost the water via Siri in the car.

If memory serves, it’s climate.hot_water and aux_heating set to on for me.

If that doesn’t get you there then revert back and I’ll have a proper look :smile:

I did it via IFTTT so I could get a proper Hive boost.

Hiya there people,

Wondering if anyone can help me out at all. My OCD is kicking in hard, and I was wondering if anyone knew what I needed to change, I guess in the hive.py as I am running the custom component, to be able to get my temperature readout to just a single decimal point. Everything else I have managed to get sorted out with a

round(1)

but I am stuck on the hive one. Its for the sensor.current_temperature as you can see from the picture.

hive%20temp

Would like to have it just read 25.2c

Many thanks in advance.

Make a template sensor that takes the state of ‘sensor.current_temperature’ and rounds it up, then add that to your group rather than the actual sensor, think that should work.

You probably lose your min max though if you were bothered.

1 Like

@Cee - I did point this out to @rendill when the component was in development (and expressed some cynicism that the Hive thermostat was indeed accurate to 0.01C).

It was made clear to me that there were bigger problems to worry about :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was my second option, just didn’t really want to have another sensor just because, was hoping I could just add in a line of code somewhere and it did it for me, but guess this will have to be the way for now.

:slight_smile: @PianSom

@khole is making some pretty major changes to the backend library for hive which will make things a lot easier to manage going forward, and whilst he is in the middle of those changes I don’t really want to interfere with the code. But after he has finished that change I can make an update to reduce the accuracy reported to Home Assistance to one decimal place.
(with all the values sent on to Home Assistance from Hive we don’t change anything, what you see is pretty much what comes out of the Hive API, accurate to that level or not :wink: )

2 Likes

Hi all

Maybe I’m a bit out of date with things on the Hive front, but I’m getting the following. Any suggestions?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 230, in async_update_ha_state
    icon = self.icon
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/sensor/hive.py", line 380, in icon
    return icon_for_battery_level(battery_level=self.batt_lvl)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/icon.py", line 16, in icon_for_battery_level
    elif battery_level <= 5:
TypeError: unorderable types: str() <= int()

(Just updated to 0.76.2)

I’m getting the same errors.

@PianSom

Hi I have taken a quick look at this and it seems a quick fix. I have uploaded the fix to the dev branch in github for the custom component.

Would you mind redownloading the custom component from the dev branch and let me know how you get on?

Thanks @Khole - installed, restarted and no issues so far :slight_smile:

@PianSom

That’s good news if you are ok to leave it overnight and feedback tomorrow I will merge into the master branch if everything is ok.

1 Like

@Khole

Oh dear …

@PianSom

This is strange is this. Is it only failing when getting the icon. What status do all your battery level sensors have?

@Khole - I changed upstairs a few weeks ago, when I was having signal issues. I have never (in the nearly 2 years I have had Hive) changed downstairs.

@PianSom

Hi I have taken a look at the code and cannot see anything obvious after a quick look. Unfortunately I am going away for the bank holiday weekend so I won’t be able to take a proper look until Tuesday. By the looks of the error it is data related picking up an unknown string. I’ll enable the custom component on my machine and see if I get the error.

@khole - no worries, have a great weekend

Hi

I recently updated my HassIO to 77.1 and now I am seeing the following in my main home screen for Hive:

Heating
Auto 19 undefined
Currently: 20.8 undefined

In the log I can see

2018-08-31 10:29:55 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201808040] https://<redacted>:8123/frontend_latest/df03c3bc2add9d4f4eab.chunk.js:382:1241 TypeError: t.attributes.unit_of_measurement is undefined

Any ideas? I assume this is something to do with C and F. Thanks