Hive Integration

Excellent, thanks for the feedback

@rendili, thank you for getting this sorted so quickly.
All works perfectly again. :grin:
Many thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

Great stuff, glad it works, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Hi @rendili, I can confirm that the update works for me as well. Thank you for the quick response.

1 Like

Hi @yakox. good to hear that it works for you too, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Hi Fellow Hiveā€™ers,

Iā€™m trying to get to grips with automating my hive central heating, but Iā€™m kinda falling at the first hurdle.

There are a couple of things that I want to do:

1. Create a simple button/switch/toggle in lovelace to boost the heating for an hour
  2. Build an automation to turn the heating on between times.

Do you guys have any examples that you provide??

I have also provided some failing code below (not sure how to set the target temp??):

- id: 'Heating_boost_night'
  alias: 'Heating Boost Night'
  trigger:
    - platform: numeric_state
      entity_id: sensor.house_temperature
      below: '18'
      for:
        minutes: 30
  condition: 
    - condition: time
      after: '21:00:00'
      before: '05:00:00'
    - condition: state
      entity_id: group.family
      state: 'home'
  action:   
    - service: climate.set_operation_mode
      data:
        entity_id: climate.heating
        operation_mode: 'heat'
#        temperature: '24'
    - service: notify.gmail_notify
      data:
        title: 'Heating Boost Cold Night'

@Martin_Granger

Regarding point one this not possible yet but we are trying to create a custom boost service for hive to allows this.

With regards to the automation set operation doesnā€™t support setting temperature. If you use the set temperature service you should be able to achieve what you need see docs

Many thanks for this information!

I have managed to build a boost button of sorts by using an input boolean and an automation. I then just added the switch to lovelace. See the code below:

- id: 'heating_boost'
  alias: 'Heating Boost'
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.heating_boost
      to: 'on'
  condition:
  action:
    - service: climate.set_operation_mode
      data:
        operation_mode: 'heat'
    - service: climate.set_temperature
      data_template:
        temperature: '25'
    - service: notify.gmail_notify
      data:
        title: 'Heating Boost'
    - delay: '01:00:00'
    - service: homeassistant.toggle
      entity_id: input_boolean.heating_boost

Hi, thank you for your tutorial, Im new here so please bear with me if my question sounds silly.

Iā€™ve done a fresh install of Hass.io on Ubuntu Server 18.0 with docker. Iā€™ve followed your steps. However the trouble im having is, there is no folder named Custom_component and when i use my FTP software to try and make the folder under homeassistant it just wont let me. Im logged in as root on the server if that makes any difference?

I look forward to your reply.

Many Thanks!

@shabz, install the samba share addon.

Hello Hive users.

Iā€™ve been using HA with Hive for about a month now across Heating/Water and a few lights too. I also have installed several Hive GU10 bulbs in my kitchen however, when I trigger a scene or automation through HA it takes 3/4 seconds for each bulb to execute the required action sequentially and across a bunch of kitchen downlighters it is painfully slow to complete :o(

Interestingly if I setup a scene in Homekit (hive is exposed there by HA) all the bulbs come on almost instantly as if all the requests are sent in parallel. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way yet in HA to call a Homekit Scene directly.

I have also tried putting all the bulbs into a single group (on Hive) so they can be actioned and managed as a single light. Whilst I can reference this group/light in HA, all calls to it are just ignored.

I was wondering if the smart folk on this forum could help guide me to a solutionā€¦

Hi, Iā€™ve just installed hass.io on a Raspberry pi. My Hue lights were found straight away and the next step was to add my Hive heating.

Iā€™ve added the following to my configuration.yaml
hive:
username: MyEmailAddress
password: MyPassword

And thenā€¦ nothing. When I check the configuration it says:
Configuration invalid
Component not found: hive

Iā€™ve restarted hass.io a few times but still the same thing. Iā€™m feeling quite silly as this should be the easy part. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

edit: I was going to give it another go today. Started the Raspberry Pi and Hassio and it all worked. Not sure why but works for me :wink:

Have you placed the ymal files in the custom folder as well?

Thank you i will try this now and get back to you if i have any problems. Been playing around with this integration for a few days now, still a newbie i guess however its really interesting the amount of functions and automation possible are endless. Thank you all who have contributed in this thread and forum.

From what I understand this wasnā€™t necessary anymore.
But just to be sure, I tried that as well (renamed the files to hive.py and placed them in the seperate folders) but still the same message. :frowning:

Edit: fixed, see my previous reply

Hi All,

British Gas engineer today installed Leak Sensor to the Hive setup, I did do a quick search but have not seen anything recent, has anyone been able to get the sensor integrated into HA ?

Hi @ProfKay

Support for the leak sensor has not been added to this component yet.

@Khole, thanks for the update, is there an plans to do so, or is it not possible?

@ProfKay

It is possible For us to add support for more devices we just need to be able to see the data the API returns for them. Myself personally I havnt come across anyone else who has mentioned they have a leak sensor except yourself.

@Khole

Can I help in providing the data, would need some assistance and guidance as to how to collect this data.