Hive Integration

I also have the leak sensor. Would be cool to have it integrated into the component if possible

Hi,
Since updating to HASS 0.92 my ā€œsensor.heating_stateā€ shows an error message ā€œentity not foundā€
Canā€™t see anything in the log though

Am I the only one?
Regards,

M

Hi @Marco_Elgordo - I donā€™t know if it relates to the same issue, but I had custom component elements for the Hive integration exhibiting the same issue on upgrading to 0.92. After creating a dummy manifest.json file in the custom component directory everything began working again for meā€¦

Hi,

I have created an empty manifest.json file in the hive folder with no successā€¦
Cheers,

M

Ok It works. I have created a manifest.json as follows (documentation for developers can be found here: https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/creating_integration_manifest.html) :

{
  "domain": "Hive",
  "name": "My Hive Home",
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/components/hive/",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}

Another leak sensor user here.

Do you know if youā€™re doing anything for the hive radiator vales that are coming out at the end of the month?

Hi @ProfKay

Apologies I havnt got back sooner beena hectic time recently. I will send some instructions through in the next day or to on how to get your API data.

@richatha itā€™s good to see Hive bring more products out but unfortunately they do not document there API. The only way we add this into home assistant is to wait for someone to purchase one who is willing to share there API data for development purposes.

Iā€™ll happy share mine when they arrive at the end of May.

The amount of people who have helped me on here itā€™s the least I can do!

Hi everyone,

Does the Hive integration support brightness? I have dimmable lights and when they are turning on via automation they are coming on at the last pre-set in the hive app e.g. 10% and would like them to come on with certain triggers to 100%. Is this something thatā€™s supported? I looked under the https://www.home-assistant.io/components/light/ bit and can see a brightness_pct but doesnā€™t seem to work?

Any advice?
Thanks!

If you create a scene e.g. light on at 50 brightness_pct, then get your automation to turn the scene on as opposed to it directly turning the light on and it should work

1 Like

Hi @richatha

Hive supports setting brightness. Home assistant build it into there light.turn_on service. The brightness option just needs to be added to the service data.
This should turn the light on at the brightness set within the service data.

The only issue we have with stuff like brightness is home assistant and hive use the kelvin metric in there backend system e.g between 0 & 255.

Hive translate this to a percentage on there front end as we see it within the app. Best way to work it out is every 50 kelvins is 20% e.g 200 kelvins is 80% brightness

Hope this helps

Example below

Hi @Khole,

Thanks for this I have just been playing around with the two attributes (brightness & brightness_pct) and found that _pct doesnā€™t work at all so have stuck with brightness and works a dream now so thanks for your help!

Feel free to PM me if you want my help with the new Hive Radiator Valves happy to help where i can!

Hi,
Iā€™ve just got my hive hub installed, and tried to enable it with HA.

Iā€™ve added the

hive:
    username: !secret hive_username
    password: !secret hive_password`````

To the configuration.yaml.

Iā€™ve added the custom_scripts/hive/ but the only thing showing up is the sensor.hive_hub_status and the climate.heating and climate.hot_water.

Tried to reboot a couple times and no joy, it just not show up :frowning: Iā€™ve enabled the logs and I canā€™t see anything also.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

should be custom_componants and not custom_scripts

Sorry bad typoā€¦ yes I have it on the right location:

~/.homeassistant/custom_components/hive

So do you have a manifest file in the directory?

Humm nope just the files from the GitHub repo:

$ ls
binary_sensor.py climate.py init.py light.py sensor.py switch.py

Yeh, the repo. needs to be updated. You need to add a manifest.json file with the following

{
  "domain": "Hive",
  "name": "My Hive Home",
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/components/hive/",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}

Thanks @ProfKay that did the trick. :slight_smile: but now Iā€™m struggling with loads ofā€¦

ntity_platform.py", line 357, in _async_add_entity
    raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.target_temperature. Platform hive does not generate unique IDs
2019-05-17 16:16:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):

already tried to remove everything from core.entity_registry but no joy :frowning:

Thanks for all the help