Hive Integration

Thanks for your continued help and sorry I keep coming back!.

I wonder whether I have the wrong version. When I search for Hive in HACS/ Add Repository, I find Hive Custom Component. When I install that, I am then asked to choose the version and I pick 2020.1_b21 (the latest). HACS then shows that the Hive Custom Component is Pending Restart. I then restart HAS in configuration / Server Controls/ Server Management / Restart. At no point have I been asked to enter my Hive Login information.

When the system restarts, HACS shows the Hive Custom Component in Integrations, but there are no Hive related items on the overview

@lankylad it seems like it’s imported the old version can you go into integrations page and click the 3 dots on the hive integration and remove it. Once it’s removed restart it again and then Choose to add one.

Still the same I’m afraid… No dialog box for the Hive login information.

@lankylad

That’s strange, the custom component is definitely installed? The version is 2020.1b21? Hive isn’t configured already in any way?

@bachoo786 have you found the hive custom component now?

Yes mate thanks :blush:

Yes, all installed. When I uninstall the component, the hive directory in custom_components gets deleted. Is there anywhere else where hive configuration information could be held?

@lankylad

No as long as you have nothing in your configuration and there is nothing in the integrations page advising it is already setup. It should appear in the list and work.

There are only three lines in the HACS Log that refer to Hive:

2020-11-24 12:56:41 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs.repository.integration.Pyhive.HA-Hive-Custom-Component] Getting repository information
2020-11-24 12:56:41 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs.repository.integration.hacs.integration] Running checks against 1.6.2
2020-11-24 12:56:41 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs.repository.integration.Pyhive.HA-Hive-Custom-Component] Running checks against 2020.1_b21

@lankylad I’m stuck now not sure how else I can help you, I have never seen this issue before and other have done it without issues.

Could you detail the steps you are taking with screenshots so I can see what you are doing to try and set it up? (happy for you to setup a private message to send me that and please obscure any sensitive data)

@lankylad @Khole
I had the same issue with Hive not appearing in the integrations page to setup.
Clear your browser cache and/or refresh using shift+F5 and it appeared for me and then I could add Hive back via the integrations UI.

Wondering if one of you can help me. I have hive active heating with two zones (receivers).

I’ve been trying in vein till get them connected and working with HA.

I have the Itead Zigbee CC2531 USB Dongle.

I can get it to find all of my devices but only one of the receivers will work properly. The other is there but none of the values in HA match up with the Thermostat.

Also HA won’t remove them from my ZigBee integration which is annoying as hell.

Any help would be most appreciated

Hi, After changing my hive integration to version installed via HACS I have succesfully applied the 2FA code but my phone is still sent Hive 2FA code every 2 minutes so I have to disable 2FA again. Any way to stop 2FA still being sent?

@bradderz

Hi just to double check you have upgraded to beta version 2020.1b21 and when you login via the UI you login and enter your 2fa code but it keeps sending your a code over and over again?

yes that is correct. I have checked version in HACS and its 2020.1b21 and everything seems to go ok with 2fa authentication.

@bradderz. Are you getting errors in the logs? this the first time has ever seen this issue.

Hi,

I have just deleted and readded the integration and successfully authenticated abd I am still getting sms. I see this in the logs if its related I have no idea…

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1464, in catch_exceptions
await coro_or_task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1483, in _execute_service
await handler.job.target(service_call)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/init.py”, line 147, in _async_notify_message_service
await self.async_send_message(**kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/init.py”, line 126, in async_send_message
await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(partial(self.send_message, message, **kwargs)) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.7.6_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/html5/notify.py”, line 492, in send_message
self._push_message(payload, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/html5/notify.py”, line 530, in _push_message
data=json.dumps(payload), headers=vapid_headers, ttl=ttl
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pywebpush/init.py”, line 341, in send
timeout=timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 119, in post
return request(‘post’, url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 61, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 530, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 643, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 516, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘fcm.googleapis.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /fcm/send/epoJz4vTbiY:APA91bHw5_HjHI_n_OPIGwSWlzafmmSdNBWiv5yBQhXfII1Who5RBwM-1RxnnyTYtXto4lOD4ZFcTi8sfx1PkIVSye3MzRXz87qLsJW8DW7NNv4yz7e48V_PMNliH2BphjqbMe1f23aq (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x126494ed0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known’))
2020-11-29 20:29:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] hive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last)

more logs…

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 357, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 466, in async_device_update
await task
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/custom_components/hive/light.py”, line 151, in async_update
self.device = await self.hive.light.get_light(self.device)
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py”, line 41, in get_light
“state”: await self.get_state(device),
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py”, line 73, in get_state
state = data[“state”][“status”]
KeyError: ‘status’
2020-11-29 20:29:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] hive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 357, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 466, in async_device_update
await task
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/custom_components/hive/light.py”, line 151, in async_update
self.device = await self.hive.light.get_light(self.device)
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py”, line 55, in get_light
dev_data.update({“hs_color”: await self.get_color(device)})
File “/Users/bradley/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pyhiveapi/light.py”, line 161, in get_color
(data[“state”][“hue”]) / 360,
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: ‘NoneType’ and ‘int’

@bradderz

Looking at those errors it looks like you are not getting any data back from hive. That wouldn’t explain the sms issue though.

What devices do you have with hive?

Please can you remove the integration and reset it back up detailing screenshots of each step and obfuscating any personnel data.

Thanks for replying.

I have hive thermostat, trv, cameras, light bulbs, color and normal, smart plug and motion sensor. I think the color bulb might be an issue as I have a bit of code in pyhiveapi.py to stop an error I was getting when trying to show color bulbs but it shows them now.

I have deleted the integration and readded it in integrations. Here are some screnshots. If I was to put in wrong 2fa code its lets me know so I know its happy with code plus it shows me all devices.