Hive Integration

Thanks for that please could you raise it as an issue in the Github Repo

will do, can I ask is the pyhiveapi package installed specific to the beta version or is the general version of pyhiveapi installed via pip3?

The pyhiveapi package has been rewritten as part of the the beta as everything was moved to Async. but it can still be install via pip3 and used outside of Home Assistant

Hi all… newbie here.
I have installed the beta version but water heater components do not appear in my list of entities. The thermostat components/entities are available. Thanks

@nil-ghosh Hi if you have installed Beta 22 there is a new bug with hotwater which causes and issues if you install beta version 21 the hotwater works.

Thanks @Khole. Installed beta 21. I can see the hotwater entities now. Could you please confirm whether the sensors (hotwater state and hotwater mode) have been deprecated?

No they are still supported.

@Khole … Thanks for the confirmation. Surprisingly they don’t show up in my entities list.

@Khole it looks like I was too quick in saying things didn’t show up for me in Beta 21, I just had to leave things to settle for an hour or so. My climate entities are back, thanks for the awesome work on this!

@nil-ghosh how have you configured you setup via YAML or via the UI?

@Khole - In the config YAML I had the username and password.

@nil-ghosh currently the additional sensors are not supported in config via YAML it’s only supported via configuring via the UI.

At some point soon I’m going to merge this into HA and the additional sensors won’t be supported in there.

@Khole Thanks. So if I remove the username and password (from config YAML) and reinstall Hive through HAC, will they be available?

You don’t need to install through HACs just hive needs setting up via the UI in the home assistant configuration.

@Khole - Thanks. Have now set it up through configuration. Still those sensors not showing up (hotwater state and hotwater mode).

Another issue noticed - Turning off hot water boost gives the following error: (No issues while turning on)

Source: custom_components/hive/init.py:177
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:36:21 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:36:21 AM

string indices must be integers

Currently running B21. Heating is all working fine but Hot Water I can only set operation mode to ‘eco’ or ‘off’ which does call them but ‘on’ doesn’t seem to work. Doesn’t show any call service errors but doesn’t trigger the hot water.

Many thanks!

Mark

Thanks I did fix the on issue in beta 22 but completely broke the hot water entity through another issue. Once that is fixed the hotwater should again.

@Khole Perfect!

Thanks for your work as always!!

Look forward to the update!

Regards

Mark

Please can you raise this in the GitHub repo

https://community.home-assistant.io/u/Khole thanks for beta 22, after a week of struggle I can now see my Hive devices for the first time.