Hive Integration

Boy I don’t know if its me or what but I can’t get this working :frowning: always failed to setup: could not authenticate

I have HACS, and i have been using 5 other integrations from HACS without a problem.

I have tried install many versions (bx1, 5.4, 5.1, master) of the custom integration, and using the standard HA one but they all have failed to set up: could not authenticate after I add them via configuraiton/integrations. Its odd because when I enabled 2FA and try to setup the integration i receive message with the code. But is still has that message. I was trying only via the front end before without luck. I tried the config.yaml and it didn’t work either.

In my HA logs I get this:
Config entry ‘myemail’ for hive integration could not authenticate
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:307

I tried chaning my password to something without special chaarcters but it doens’t seem to have made a difference.

I am in Canada if that matters. When I created my hive account apparently I used the wrong region and i wasn’t able to activate my hub. I called them and they activated it manually and they said they changed my region to Canada/US. It works fine via their app and website…

HELP!!! Thanks

Unfortunately we don’t support US installations at the minute. We need to make some amendments and update the integration.

Oh no! Is it something that I can change with hive by calling them again? I just have some lights, plug, and window sensors. No thermostat or water stuff. I don’t think running a VPN would be a viable option, just given all of the other stuff I have with HA.

Looking forward to US/Can support. Anything I could help on?
Cheers

Hi
2021.5.5 breaks refresh token, here in the UK.
Log says attribute for refresh token unavailable.
Had to roll back to 2021.5.4.
Sorry didn’t copy log before rolling back.

Hi I’m new to Home Assistant but having issues with Hive Custom Component. I installed it through HACS because i read online that was the best. Once logged in it just says Failed To Set up:
Source: custom_components/hive/init.py:75
Integration: Hive
First occurred: 4:22:42 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:22:42 PM

Error setting up entry(EMAIL ADDRESS) for hive
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/config/custom_components/hive/init.py”, line 75, in async_setup_entry
devices = await hive.session.startSession(hive_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py”, line 394, in startSession
return await self.createDevices()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py”, line 417, in createDevices
eval(“self.” + code)
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py”, line 122, in addList
device = self.helper.getDeviceData(data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/helper/hive_helper.py”, line 98, in getDeviceData
elif type == “warmwhitelight” and product[“props”][“model”] == “SIREN001”:
KeyError: ‘model’

Does anyone know where I’ve gone wrong? or is this a typical bug at the moment?

I am getting the following error on a clean install of HA. HACS install of custom compoment -

This error originated from a custom integration.

Source: custom_components/hive/init.py:76
Integration: Hive
First occurred: 22:38:47 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:38:47

Error setting up entry [email protected] for hive Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore File "/config/custom_components/hive/__init__.py", line 76, in async_setup_entry devices = await hive.session.startSession(hive_config) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py", line 394, in startSession return await self.createDevices() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py", line 417, in createDevices eval("self." + code) File "<string>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py", line 122, in addList device = self.helper.getDeviceData(data) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apyhiveapi/helper/hive_helper.py", line 97, in getDeviceData device = self.session.data.devices[product["props"]["trvs"][0]] IndexError: list index out of range

Hi. I’ve just discovered HA as I am looking for a method to control individual TRVs in my HiveHome. Is it possible to set the temperature of individual radiators - and for example turn them off when a sensor detects a window is open?

Sure you can. I think you’d probably either, change them to being off, rather than scheduled (auto) or potentially boost them to a lower temperature (i.e. 5 degrees), but you’d need to specify a duration.

I have one radiator that turns off when the person whose bedroom it is leaves the house.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. That’s great news. Setting the radiator temperature to a low value when the window opens - or as you have done the person leaves the house - but otherwise keep the radiator warm when the room occupier is in the house, is exactly the use case I’m looking for. However, as I’m new here and really only have this simple need to control the radiators, any tips with where to get started would be really appreciated.

Was anything done with the leak sensor ? I have had one installed also
Thanks

Not yet I do have one myself but give integrations don’t seem to be looked at recently by the ha team we still have an outstanding pr for a learn support which isn’t being looked at.

OK thanks.

I would like to have my Hive temperature set to 16C and remain in heat mode when everyone has left the house to avoid getting too cold, then return to a higher temperature when someone returns home. I am configuring the automation and I can’t find a way to write the target temperature in the automation action. If I choose device in the action and select the hive, it has the options to change the mode between auto, heat and off and another option to enable the boost. However there is nowhere to enter just the target temperature.

The only way I have been able to do this is by saving a scene with the Hive climate.living_room and a couple of the TRVs included with the target temperatures saved. In the automation for the action I selected Activate Scene and selected the scene with the Hive and TRVs. This seems to work, but is not ideal. Supposing the heating was off, this switches it back on to heat. I would prefer to just modify the temperature and nothing else, so if the heating was off it would remain off and if it was on it would stay on but just adjusted to a lower temperature.

I’m new to Home Assistant, so any help will be much appreciated.

Has anybody a timer automation for the Hive Thermostat they wouldn’t mind sharing please?

I am a HA noob and i have got various boosts working but no timer. Many thanks

In the Hive App or in the web version on the Manage Devices page there is a signal strength icon for each device. Is there any way to get this data in Home Assistant so I can track issues with connectivity to specific Hive devices? Thanks for any advice.

fixed my issue

Hi there - I have Hive Colour change bulbs - and I’m able to change their colour. However, if I try to set up a scene with a bulb of a certain colour, it doesn’t ‘save’ the colour setting. For example, if I then set up another scene with the same bulb set to a different colour, all scenes then become that colour…

It’s like the ‘colour’ is being saved globally rather than against the scene. Are you able to help?

I’m running Home Assistant 2022.3.1 if that is useful to know!

Hi there, I’m just starting my HA journey and had some great early success with a few ZigBee sensors, Hue and Hive etc. When I’ve tried to extend with my first attempts at automations I’ve hit a problem with the Hive Door sensors.
The Hive Door sensors don’t seem to report their state reliably in HA, particularly for short open and close events. Looking at the state attributes of the entities, the Hive sensors (still connected to Hive Hub and using that integration) have an extra line that the Aqara ones (ZHA connected) don’t, “mode: null”

mode: null
device_class: door
icon: mdi:door
friendly_name: binary_sensor.front-door

If I remove that mode: null line they appear to report state much more dynamically, or am I barking up the wrong tree here? A day later the mode null line as reappeared in the entity state attributes…

I gave up on this, and just removed the Hive Door Sensors from Hive, and added them natively to ZHA as Zigbee devices. They’re much more responsive now. They show up as WDS00140002 by AlertMe.com

Maybe it was a polling time thing relating to the Hive integration?

Anyone else have trouble with give working for an hour or so then not? I’ve removed everything in both integrations and HACS and reinstalled. It always works at first but then get http token errors.