Hive Integration

HACS is still showing I don’t have Hive installed any ETA on this fix ?

Thanks

You will need to search for hive again and install it as the repo name has changed so any old versions will be install under the old repo name.

1 Like

AH got it thanks

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this, but I have lost the attributes on my hive plugs. Specifically current_power_w has gone. I noticed this after the upgrade to 2021.5.4, but I was on 2021.4.x before that and it was working then. This was with the stock integration, but I have tried the latest custom component and it seems to be the same.

Rolled back to 2021.4.6 and current_power_w attribute is present.
Tried 2021.5.0 and the attribute has gone.

Looks like there was some change to the way current power is stored/retrieved between 2021.4 and 2021.5, but I am not a Pythonist, so I don’t know exactly what’s causing this. @KHole let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.

I’m seeing this in my HACS
Hive Custom Component
Installed version: 2021.4.0
Available version: 2021.x.1b1

is that a valid/safe version to update to or can I somehow force HACs to install 2021.5.4

Hi @DragonSorcerer

That is a beta version and I’m not sure which release it would be going in hence the “x” the way to keep up to date with the latest non beta versions is to toggle the beta switch to off when you get to the drop down list whilst installing.

Thanks for the quick reply. Needed the beta versions to get it working a few months ago when hive changed their backend. How do I now switch that off?

When you click the update or install button there should be a toggle to turn beta builds off

No it does not. Clicked update and it just did it. Restarted HA and Hive just completely broke. Had to roll back to a snapshot. Is that beta dependent on a particular HA version ? I’m sill on 2021.4.2

I had the same issue, I opened hive component issue since upgrading core 2021.5.0, hive active plug no longer display current_power_w attribute · Issue #50347 · home-assistant/core · GitHub. I appear to have solved this by installing the latest hive custom component.

Thanks @d4roca , however I see you closed that issue as fixed in 2021.5.3. However I can say that the current_power_w attribute is not present in 2021.5.4.

I think it may be something to do with Pyhiveapi issue 28 but it’s hard to tell as there are no comments associated with it. The committed change looks like it may be to fix this.

No reply from the maintainers, so will just have to wait and see.

Hi @vonChaps I closed the bug as I had relived the issue on my home assistant not displaying the current_power_w attribute.

It was fixed by installing HACS Hive Custom Component version 2021.5.4 has some fixed for attributes field.

I had the issue when I went to core 2021.5.x, restoring back the old 2021.4.x version fixed the issue, upgrading caused to fail again.

I noticed some fixes in the Hive Custom Component so installed the latest, on a restart it brought back the missing current_power_w attribute, which I used extensively to automate turning off active plugs.

2021.5.4 has fixed my hot water boost issues :+1:

As mentioned the attributes should be fixed in the latest version of the hive custom component

If i uninstall the hive repository in hacs will it also remove the hive custom component? I just want to get hacs to not show the beta release for hive.

No it will not remove the component if you uninstall hive from HACs

1 Like

OK, I see that now thanks. It’s pulling in 0.4.2 of the pyhiveapi.

As ever, thanks for the great work.

Can someone help me get hive colour tuneable bulb working please?
I think the .py file might need additional code to make it work?

Please can you post a screenshot of the controls you get when viewing a colour bulb in home assistant?

My issue isn’t with the “control” I can change the colour of the bulb using the control.

But if i create a scene where the bulb is a specific colour, then I change it to white (using alexa or the hive app) If I play the scene it does not set the colour.