HLK-LD2450 Initial experiments to connect to HomeAssistant

The design is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.

These are just some temporary fixes needed for the C3 module used by 2A, which can be left out and serve a purpose:

• Support for USB native serial port output
  • Support for using the LEDs where the C3 module resides (they conflict with the external SPI FLASH.)

If you have a C3 with a serial chip, or just an ESP32, or an ESP8266, you wonā€™t need this extra library.

Can you share files for 3D printing?

2A (LD2450) Latest Radar Module Firmware Information

2A (LD2450) Latest Radar Module Firmware Information

The following response was received from the developer:

Hello everyone, our radar module 2450 will be updated recently to experience the firmware to APP. Mainly increase: 1. baud rate setting; 2. single target, multi-target function switching; 3. regional filtering can be configured, etc.; Welcome to experience the upgrade; supporting APP is also in development, I believe that very soon you will be able to upgrade after the test verification. In addition, for the early feedback of the 2450 multi-target radar can not monitor the problem of stationary targets, we will also optimize the support for stationary detection of the 2450 firmware is also entering the R & D test phase, the completion of the test validation will also be pushed through the OTA way to everyone to experience.

Push date: APP setting function is expected in these next two days. Still function support firmware is expected at the end of the month.

5 Likes

Today I noticed that the firmware update 2.02.23090617 is already available for LD2450.

I had already updated to the latest firmware about a month ago. They released it for some hours as an OTA update and took it back.
Now it is officially released.
The sensor responds better for stationary objects.
@screek-workshop did they mention any changes on the serial protocol? How is it possible to use the multi target switch, filtering and baud rate settings?

Iā€™m unable to upgrade my LD2450 devices to version 2.03.23090617.

Iā€™m using iOS app version 1.3.15

The device is listed, and I get a version select page.

When I select the newest version and start upgrade, it comes to ā€œSwitching the upgrade statusā€. After a while it fails, saying ā€œUpgrade timed out, please check the device and try again!ā€.

The device is laying 10 cm from my phone.

I have tried upgrading 3 devices several times. What am I doing wrong?

You might need to use an android phone, it just never works on ios at least for me

Upgrade on iOS is possible. Tried it 4-5 times and also disconnected TX/RX (not sure if that was the reason). Distance was 0 cm between phone and sensor. And at some point it worked.

I tried with an android phone. It works like a charm! All my devices are upgraded now.
Thanks for the help.

Iā€™m having issues with the sensors detecting my cat and robot vacuum.
I could reduce the ā€œfalse positiveā€ occurence slightly by placing the sensor on top of a ~20x20cm piece of aluminium foil (upgraded from 5x5 as that had a weak effect). I placed it in the center, as the sensor seems to pick up movement even behind it and partially through thick brick walls :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Do you have other ideas to eliminate detection of low z height?
Angling the sensor upwards didnā€™t work at all, really.

Has the newest firmware version changed anything regarding detection?

The new IOS APP has been reviewed and can be updated, the version number corresponds to 1.4.0, from which you can see the multiplayer mode switching, and dynamic demo.

Unfortunately, the LD2450 doesnā€™t seem to have the means to determine such a situation.
Maybe linking with other PIRs might help a little.

Hi, with the new update.
How exactly to use these options?

Whatā€™s the difference between close & area detection?
Is area filtering just exclusion zone?

Hey, Shaq.

From the current version (LD2450 firmware V2.02.23090616 ), if the zone is turned on, it affects the valid output.This means that if driving to zone detection, then only objects in the zone will result in a detection output, otherwise it is equivalent to no one being present. On the other hand, if area filtering is turned on, then excluding targets in the area will result in no output.

For this case, this is Hilinkā€™s developer reply:

In case of area filtering mode, if there is a moving target in the set area, it will be filtered automatically. It will not be reported.Region detection is to detect targets under the region only. Region filtering is to detect targets outside the region only; region off, is not to do region judgment. If you want to judge which region the moving target belongs to, in fact, according to the coordinates can be, the target is reported with coordinates. Set the region can also be queried through the command, this piece of us will also evaluate, whether the protocol to mention. Now the three areas can be user-defined one or more, and in the future will be added to the presence detection.

1. Detection area and filtering area at the same time: targets in the detection area and not in the non-detection area are output;
  2. Only detection area: moving targets outside the detection area are not detected;
  3. Only filtering region: only targets outside the filtering region are detected;

This one was confirmed at the beginning, but I felt the logic would be ambiguous, so I followed the current one to come out first

This kind of rule, the current serial port reporting will need to add a few more fields, and the logic will be a bit roundabout for the user. The logic is a bit convoluted for users. We may come up with a separate test firmware later.

Also about the area setting, later may consider adding fan angle on the basis of rectangular box, specifically for fans and other application scenarios. Later in the test firmware this will be mentioned, or to see everyoneā€™s feedback, there are good suggestions we will modify ota send.

1 Like

Anyone tried firmware up on Android 14? Iā€™m getting a permission error that I canā€™t seem to get around,

Lack permission
...you need to allow file storage permision.

Iā€™ve tried giving all sorts of permissions, but canā€™t get pass this message. Maybe just canā€™t see the wood for trees now!

Chris

1 Like

I had to use a tablet with an old version of Android

1 Like

Just to clarify, now that weā€™re on the latest firmware.
The ā€˜trueā€™ multitracking is now enabled regardless of using the hilink app to enable that option?
It will continue tracking both the non active target (sitting/lying down) and the active targets?

1 Like

2A MULTIPLAYER MODE FAQ UPDATED (ANDROID VERSION, FIRMWARE CANā€™T BE UPDATED ISSUE)

WHEN WILL THE ANDROID VERSION BE UPDATED?

The versions on the Play Store are all currently stuck at version V1.1.38, which may need to wait for review.:zap:

The latest news weā€™ve received from HLK: itā€™s already in live testing, and we expect to be able to complete it tomorrow (October 18th CST) or the day after (October 19th CST).

SIGNAL IS GOOD (BETWEEN -30 AND -70) BUT CLICKING ON UPDATE FIRMWARE IS NOT RESPONDING

The issue didnā€™t seem to be there on October 16 (CST, GMT+8), and the problem occurred on October 17 (and is still there on October 18), and we have confirmation from the HiLInk developers that there is a current bug:

Iā€™m aware of this issue, and will have an update out later today, itā€™s a compatibility issue with the 2450 device firmware.

more faq: Multiple Targets Mode Progress

1 Like

In terms of multiplayer mode, it might just keep tracking multiple objects, whereas single-player mode is similar to the behavior of the LD2410 (tracking only one of the most active targets).
And the current firmware has not been updated for static capability enhancements, that seems to be in another program at the end of the month.

2 Likes