Holman WiFi Tap timers intergration?

It bring up nothing…
Just a command prompt afterwards
root@ubuntu:~# tuya-cli get --id bfb829575319560f27#### --key bd03bfe66449#### --cid 851 --full
root@ubuntu:~#

Actually i kept trying it and after the 5th time it brought something up yay!
{
dps: {
‘101’: 0,
‘102’: 0,
‘103’: 144,
‘105’: ‘2’,
‘106’: ‘0’,
‘107’: 10,
‘108’: true,
‘113’: ‘0’,
‘114’: ‘12’,
‘115’: false,
‘117’: false,
‘120’: 0,
‘125’: false,
‘127’: ‘HOL9H005-061-000-000’,
‘150’: 0,
‘151’: 0,
‘152’: 5,
‘153’: ‘0’,
‘154’: 25,
‘155’: true,
‘160’: ‘0’,
‘161’: false,
‘162’: false,
‘166’: false
},
cid: ‘851’
}

fantastic, congratulations. It looks roughly like all dps up to 127 match between WX1 and WX2. Are you able to change some values in the app and re-run the command to see which dps change to help map out what each dps represents?

Can confirm that the WX2 works nicely with this custom component.

Have mapped the dps for the second tap/outlet as follows:
{ dps:

{ ‘101’: 0,
‘102’: 0,
‘103’: 10,
‘105’: ‘2’,
‘106’: ‘0’,
‘107’: 8,
‘108’: true,
‘113’: ‘0’,
‘115’: false,
‘117’: false,
‘120’: 0,
‘125’: false,
‘127’: ‘HOL9H005-061-000-000’,
‘150’: 0,
‘151’: 0,
‘152’: 7, // amount of water used last time
‘153’: ‘1’, // 1 when runs water, 0 when stopped, 3 when stopped and time/rain delay active
‘154’: 5, // minutes set for manual run,
‘155’: false, // starts manual countdown when false
‘160’: ‘0’,
‘161’: false,
‘162’: false,
‘166’: false },
cid: ‘B41’ }

Note: for me I had to remove the ‘Beta’ tag from the manifest.json of [darek-margas] custom_component to have the component pass some (new in 2022.3) validity check for it to load.

1 Like

I merged fan compatibility changes for 2022.4

I have managed to connect my WX8 to home assistant using Tuya Local. It works great and using local means its very responsive.

See may post Holman WX8 Watering System

1 Like

Seems this all does not work with NON YAML based config. as the Web Config does not support the CID for Subdevices?

Would there be anybody around that could shed some light on why the Web Config doesn’t support Subdevices?

Hi Darek,

Thanks for your great effort for making the Holman Tap Timer working on LocalTuya. I have bought the WX2 which has 2 outlet, and set this up successfully based on the dps meaning shared by other user in this thread. After that I bought another WX1 and want to connect to the same WiFi hub, then the problem comes.

Most of the dps of WX1 is actually same as dps of the outlet 1 of WX2, looks like LocalTuya of your fork doesn’t route the message to the correct CID but just rely on the DPS. Below is the scenario

DPS 106 - tap open/closed status
DPS 108 - tap manual countdown on/off (i.e. tap on/off)

both DPS number are same between WX1 and WX2’s 1st outlet.

When I switch on DPS 108 of WX1, both WX1 and WX2 DPS 106 show the tap is opened, and vice versa. However, only the WX1 tap is actually switched on but not WX2, although status of WX2 DPS106 shows this is running. Looks like the status going back to HA UI has not distinguish the CID.

Would you mind looking into this and see if this is possible to have a fix?

I have this exact issue also. WX1 + WX2, taps behave as expected but UI shows incorrect states.

yes, able to control but cannot get the status correctly. When implementing the automation, need to take this into consideration.

Hi everyone… similar issues… I know this thread is a bit old now but…

status of one tap seem to be reflected onto my other two, and vice versa - if I turn one tap on the other two show as on. Did anyone find a fix for this?

I have not… The system still works fine. Visually its just annoying. I only every have one tap on at a time anyway.

Pls circle back here if you find a solution

Has anyone had an issue where HA won’t turn on/off the taps until you activate them using the Tuya app first? Its like it thinks the devices are unavailable until then.

I have 3 controllers connected to the hub. I have tried adding all three of them in same format but with different device IDs. 2 of 3 shows the state and 1 of 3 stays unavailable. The 2 of 3 which are showing state in HA are somehow changing when I change the state of any 1. Like if I turn on the tap/controller 1 it shows state of 2nd as on aswell although its not ON. I am assuming that the dps ids must be different hence causing issue but I could be wrong. Could you please suggest what can be the issue here or how to check the dps id for each of the 3 controllers ?

Hi @rdg2020 I actually only have one WX1 at the moment so haven’t been able to play around with multiple at the same time. @darecki created this using a dormant (maybe?) PR so I would guess the issue is related to the original PR code.

There’s been a lot of work on another PR #739. Both knifehandz and leeyuentuen have spun off code, it’s not recommended as stable but you might be able to play with them to see if they work any better for you. Leeyuentuen’s has recent activity. I haven’t been able to try them out as I’ve packed my setup up temporarily. If you have a tinker with them, let us know how you go.

Hey mate and @lambsfry .

Just about to buy a WX2 for the explicit use of filling my pool up, how easy does the manual water ON switch integrate with HA? is it just a simple switch? Want to set up an automation where it goes on for a minute every 10-15, easy enough?

also what is Tuya? Does that need another physical hub purchase or is it just an integration? thanks in advance

Hey conma293.

I just got this working moments ago, it is just a simple switch.

Tuya is the ODM that Holman uses. Essentially lots of IoT manufacturers just license Tuya software and hardware and build a brand around it. Darek’s build of local tuya (Which can control devices locally rather than going via the cloud) can handle the WX series of Holman devices.

thats awesome. So just download Dareks ‘local tuya’ integration for HA and it should pick it up?

It’s a little more involved than that but they do have a guide here: localtuya/Holman WX1 WiFi Irrigation Tap.md at 93c1516d07be79f6b82414d5f829126d0d2836e3 · darek-margas/localtuya · GitHub

You’ll need Tuya-Cli installing and your devices will need to be setup in the official Tuya app. You’ll also need a cloud account which I think is documented on the Local Tuya Github. It’s not technically required to have the cloud account configured but it’s a pain the neck to get some of the info from the devices if you don’t have it set up.

It’s not super straightforward I know, but it’s the best we have right now.