Holman WiFi Tap timers intergration?

Yep I only have a parent key.

I’ve

1. disabled the remote tuya connection in home assistant
  2. turned off the tuya app on my phone
  3. tuya cli was only runing in the VM which is off
  4. The error I am getting is “authentication” “Failed to authenticate with device. Verify that device id and local key are correct.”
  5. I am using the “guided” install, I’ll try the YAML method tomorrow. Using the guided install there’s nowhere to put a CID.
  6. All other devices, EXCEPT for the door sensor have been added and working perfectly. I don’t think the door sensor is compatible which is very sad.

Did you ever fix this?

Hi Darek,

If I use your version of Local Tuya, do I have to remove mine and also recongifure all my other devices?

Can you provide any info on this please :slight_smile:

Most should work, the only other modification is fan which has some features added and should work for old config too.
The one I took fork from recently had some fix for time concurrency which I didn’t merge as they also modified fan which now conflicts with mine and requires cherry picking to merge. I’ll merge it a bit later.

So, should work as is. However, this CID added is a shortcut and while it seems that non-gateway devices are ignoring it, you may find one which does not ignore and gets confused. So far no-one found such device.

Hey Darek, will your code eventually be merged back to the main stream one (Currently 3.2.4 by rospogrigio) ?

I don’t think so. Look at other PRs there, many good ones and stuck and this is minor change in fact. I tried with fan with no luck. In fact this change came partially from rospogiorgio - there is gateway branch, I just added missing “set”. Knowing that gateway branch is abandoned there, I believe he lost interest in this.

ok. Am I right to say if rospogiorgio make an incremental release (IE 3.2.5), potentially his code there will overwrite your code here with the Holman, if I update the integration via HACs ?

Hello All,

Still no luck I’m afraid. I add my device using the YAML config shown on the Git Hub. The device shows up but unavailable. I get the following error in my log.

Logger: custom_components.localtuya.common
Source: custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/init.py:559
Integration: LocalTuya integration (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 07:46:09 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:47:07

[015…015] Connect to 192.168.1.16 failed

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/config/custom_components/localtuya/common.py”, line 151, in _make_connection status = await self._interface.status() File “/config/custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/init.py”, line 472, in status status = await self.exchange(STATUS) File “/config/custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/init.py”, line 457, in exchange payload = self._decode_payload(msg.payload) File “/config/custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/init.py”, line 559, in _decode_payload return json.loads(payload) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/init.py”, line 346, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/decoder.py”, line 337, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/decoder.py”, line 355, in raw_decode raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Here’s my key / ID

{ name: ‘Wi-Fi Hub stable’,
id: ‘bf9e36c6ebc2cfa4b5cvud’,
key: ‘b11e862ade3qq4q3e260c70d’,
subDevices:
[ { name: 'Roof Sprinklers ',
id: ‘bfa76055c6d6058fedx3ds’,
cid: ‘051’ },

Here’s my YAML

• host: 192.168.1.16
    device_id: ‘015’
    local_key: b11e862ade3qq4q3e260c70d
    friendly_name: Roof Sprinklers
    protocol_version: “3.3”
    entities:
    • platform: switch
      friendly_name: “Roof Sprinklers”
      id: 1
    • platform: sensor
      friendly_name: Water spent
      unit_of_measurement: “litres”
      id: 103
    • platform: sensor
      friendly_name: “Irrigation status” # 0 - stopped, 1 - runs, 3 - delayed
      id: 106

Maybe you guys can spot something :slight_smile:

Hey All,
I went and got the WX2 (https://www.holmanindustries.com.au/product/wx2-dual-outlet-tap-timer-and-wi-fi-hub/) from Bunning with the Wifi Hub… I have managed to get the Hub/Switch linked up with LocalTuya… But i cannot for the lift of me get the CID values using tuya-cli for the WX2 as this has 2 tap switch’s on it which are obviously going to be different to the WX1…

Happy to get some guidance on getting the required values so it can be setup in HA

What do you see in Tuya-cli? Are any objects appearing?

I think the devices show up because you have them defined in your configuration yaml, but when localtuya attempts to connect to them, it fails.

Im only new to tuya-cli so im not even sure i am doing it correctly… But

When i use the Wizard Option i get the list…

[
{
name: ‘Wi-Fi Hub’,
id: ‘bfb829575319560f27####’,
key: ‘bd03bfe66449####’,
subDevices: [
{
name: ‘WX2 Tap Timer’,
id: ‘bfa9161f8d01c389c2####’,
cid: ‘851’
},
{
name: ‘Wi-Fi Socket’,
id: ‘bf6199a0d63171ce4c####’,
cid: ‘85B’
}

When i try the get command this is all that comes up…
root@ubuntu:~# tuya-cli get --ip 10.50.3.168 --id bfa9161f8d01c389c2#### --key bd03bfe66449####
undefined

I would guess that the WX2 will list as one device but have a different array of dps values then. You have one CID there, can you try treating it like WX1 and following what others have done?

Ok, So i’ve added the the WX2 with the CID and using the DPS map from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/darek-margas/localtuya/87041d7c00a9558e82912e853bae0cf37c30a222/Holman%20WX1%20WiFi%20Irrigation%20Tap.md and it all seems to be perfectly fine for “Zone1” which is Tap1…

But i need to get all the DPS values for “Zone2” which is Tap2…
I would imagine that the temp/moisture etc are all the same as thats fed from a sensor connected…
But all the other values are different for zone2

Can somebody explain how i can use tuya-cli to get the “missing” DPS values? As i have no clue how to map them out?

have you got the dps results from tuya-cli that it produces for your WX2? We can compare to the dps that we see for the WX1 and probably work back from there. Could it be possible that there is only one more dps (another dps like 106 on the WX1) that then uses the same values for both taps perhaps?

@nat8 this is what i have been asking…
HELP with how to GET the DPS results using tuya-cli?
I have no idea how to do this… As the commands i am trying don’t seem to work??

When i try the get command with tuya-cli all i get is “Undefined” as a result?

root@ubuntu:~# tuya-cli get --ip 10.50.3.168 --id bfa9161f8d01c389c2#### --key bd03bfe66449####
undefined

tuya-cli get --id ID_OF_GATEWAY --key KEY_OF_GATEWAY --cid WX2_CID --full

where the gateway is the ‘parent’ device that you can get from running the tuya-cli wizard command. This should generate something like this for you:

[ { name: 'Wi-Fi Hub', id: 'ID_OF_GATEWAY', key: 'KEY_OF_GATEWAY', subDevices: [ { name: 'WX1 Tap Timer', id: 'WX1_ID', cid: 'WX_CID' }, { name: 'Wi-Fi Socket', id: 'Socket_ID', cid: 'Socket_CID' } ] }

From which you should be able to get all the details you need for the command.

It bring up nothing…
Just a command prompt afterwards
root@ubuntu:~# tuya-cli get --id bfb829575319560f27#### --key bd03bfe66449#### --cid 851 --full
root@ubuntu:~#

Actually i kept trying it and after the 5th time it brought something up yay!
{
dps: {
‘101’: 0,
‘102’: 0,
‘103’: 144,
‘105’: ‘2’,
‘106’: ‘0’,
‘107’: 10,
‘108’: true,
‘113’: ‘0’,
‘114’: ‘12’,
‘115’: false,
‘117’: false,
‘120’: 0,
‘125’: false,
‘127’: ‘HOL9H005-061-000-000’,
‘150’: 0,
‘151’: 0,
‘152’: 5,
‘153’: ‘0’,
‘154’: 25,
‘155’: true,
‘160’: ‘0’,
‘161’: false,
‘162’: false,
‘166’: false
},
cid: ‘851’
}

fantastic, congratulations. It looks roughly like all dps up to 127 match between WX1 and WX2. Are you able to change some values in the app and re-run the command to see which dps change to help map out what each dps represents?