Home Assistant Add-on: OpenZWave

Hi, just upgraded to

And wow! this starts to get somewhere.

But I have 4 issues:
1: when clicking on the webui I can’t see the mouse cursor anymore. I can “guess” where it is and that responses. But it is not correctly.
Mouse is in middle but not visible:

2: according to the documentation:
Accessing the ozw-admin application via VNC

You can access the built-in ozw-admin application via a VNC viewer.

Please note, you can access the same interface using the “OPEN WEBUI” button, described above.

To enable it:

Set a port number for VNC in the "Network" configuration section of the add-on and hit "SAVE". Advised is to use port 5900, but any other port above 5900 works as well.
Restart the add-on.

But I cannot set a port for VNC (deleted the network key):

3: I cannot use the windows installer artifact thin version 0.1.0 anymore, it hangs at 64%:
OK> solved downloaded the artifact again (same version number???) now works

4: Adding multiple equal devices gives me exact equal names in the integration in hass. very unhandy, how to overcome?
Any tips?

1: when clicking on the webui I can’t see the mouse cursor anymore. I can “guess” where it is and that responses. But it is not correctly.

Maybe a quirk of the VNC software. I see this with the standalone docker container, however when I click “Open” or any other button the cursor becomes visible, for me.

But I cannot set a port for VNC

Maybe you need to do a hard refresh of the page? It should be in the Network section, along with the ozw-admin port setting.

3: I cannot use the windows installer artifact thin version 0.1.0 anymore, it hangs at 64%:
OK> solved downloaded the artifact again (same version number???) now works

The ozw-admin tool does not have a real version number yet. You need to go by the build number that you downloaded, i.e. the latest version of ozw-admin is build 134. It’s not obvious which build the addon is using though, but sounds like you’ve found one that is compatible, so remember that build number.

4: Adding multiple equal devices gives me exact equal names in the integration in hass. very unhandy, how to overcome?
Any tips?

You can rename the Device, which will rename all the (enabled) child entities. Or, at least for now there is an unintended (?) side effect where if you set the node name in ozw-admin, it will change the device and entity friendly names. You can just click in the Node Name field and set a name.

1. For me not in clicking.

2. It is not, also not after a broser refresh (not sure why this would help at all)

3. It works, for now. But would be good to use “external versioning”.

4. Where and what to rename? Entities can’t be renamed only override name but that does NOT change the entity name. Where do I need to change the name then?

With the new update 4.01 I know have this working a treat.
All my devices have moved from the old zwave plugin.

The only thing I am struggling with is all my Danfoss TRV`s arent showing the heat set point inside Home assitant but are viewable on the Openzwave app.

Am i missing something to force it to automatically add?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Did you report it on the github issue tracker?

In the meantime you can setup a MQTT climate device in your configuration to get by for now:

1 Like

No I havent reported this on the github issue tracker as I thought it was something silly I was missing.
I will do it know thankyou.

Any pointers you can give me on how to setup HVAC with openZwave please?

Another issue, I will number it

1. I can do any in the mobile app. Can press open butten but then it stops.

I’ve done something similar for my cover you can see this post you’ll need something like MQTT Explorer to get the ValueIDKey and such.

If you need help adapting my post feel free to open a new thread and tag me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, some update.

1. still problem to controll mous in openzwave panel in hass. However working from my phone with VNC or PC and doing all works.

2. This works. All users who ha installed before press “default” and VNC port settings appear:

3. I think I will never use this software again thanks to it being available in VNC.

4. Name changing in VNC:
    double click on the “node name” field, it also changes immediately in entities in home assistant, awesome!!!

5. mobile home assistant app not displaying correctly still issue. but using VNC viewer on phone solves it.

6. One more question about zwave plus. It seems my devices are zwave plus but my controller not:

How can that be?

THANK YOU!!!

Will now continue to monitor stability and usability of zwave overall (before migrating from my Vera controller - that’s exiting)

I second problem 1 and 6 (have got the same stick and am pretty sure it is Zwaveplus)

Your controller is Z-Wave Plus, nothing to worry about. The ZWave Plus flag is not accurate for controllers. Should be fixed in a future OZW release.

Thanks.

Other question about that screen shot.

How can a battery operated device be categorised as routing?