Home Assistant Add-ons missing from GUI

Also having this issue on an rpi 4, sometimes after reboot I get an error rpi / hassio config failed to load - no changes on my end other than updating to 2023.2.1. Very frustrating when it happens, many things missing from gui - logs, restarting host, checking hardware status, add-ons disappeared (and the whole menu in settings). Only fix seems to be to hard reset the pi a few times and hope lol

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issues on RPi3, and I’m already on 2023.4.1.

Before your rebooting tip, I went to System Information and it was reporting my installation as container-based! A reboot from the UI did the trick - addons are back and it’s correctly identifying my setup as HAOS.

Go wonder… I guess I’ll have to open a bug report if this persists, not sure if there’s one already.

I’ve been experiencing the same issue since the latest update. Running HAOS on ESXi.
Restarting HASS makes it come back.

1 Like

Unsure if this is the same for other people but my issue was rectified by removing custom ui hacs intergration. Was driving me insane - no logs or issues pointed towards the integration, but it seemed the ui failing to initilise was due to custom ui not being up to date with the latest ha version. Removed it and haven’t had an issue since.

Have the same problem. Add-ons missing from GUI.

Home Assistant 2023.8.1
Frontend 20230802.0 - latest

restarted raspi 4 - no result and restarted HA from Gui (3 dots) couple of times, no effect.
Have no Addons in my Gui

Checked repairs → There are currently no repairs available

System information

Version core-2023.8.1
Installation Type Home Assistant Container
Development false
Supervisor false
Docker true
User root
Virtual Environment false
Python Version 3.11.4
Operating System Family Linux
Operating System Version 6.1.21-v8+
CPU Architecture aarch64
Timezone Europe/Berlin
Configuration Directory /config

Home Assistant Cloud

MANAGE

Logged In false
Reach Certificate Server ok
Reach Authentication Server ok
Reach Home Assistant Cloud ok
1 Like

Just wanted to say I’m also experiencing the same issue. Quite new to HA so don’t really have any diagnostic info to share without instructions. I’m currently running the stable release in docker.

Nevermind, I did some digging and it seems that docker is the key word in my case that’s not allowing me to use add-ons. Sorry for unnecessarily posting e-waste :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Same here @teetandreas.
Not Option to debug either.

It’s strange because I had a fresh stable installation, without any customisation.

At the bottom line HA makes not a stable and serious impression.

As I start new - perhaps ioBroker is the better option I have no legacy yet to migrate

For using addons you have to use an installation method with supervisor to use addons (supervised install or haos).

Here are the methods listed with features of each:

I have the same problem with the disappearance of add-ons and I have not found a solution, please help!

this topic will explain

Hi, I have the same issue, the addon store is disappearing. If I try to add the community addon repo back it says it already exists. Tried a fresh install on my rpi4 with no luck. I also tried turning off the firewall with no luck. I can’t seem to find any open issue on github. No idea what’s going on. any updates?

1 Like

Same issue here. But I found out, it is because I am running it in docker.
I guess I have to find another hosting solution.

Puh - the answer is : Add-Ons are not supported in container installations according to the setup guide - WTF :frowning:

Is there a technical reason for this? My QNAP is running 24/7 anyway with 16GB of Ram - I don’t want to use a Raspberry - so a VM on the QNap would be a way to get AddOns running for me?

EDIT: After reading a bit into HA-OS - AddOns a seperated in Containers themselves, so that’s why there is not container add-on support? As nested containers are quite new - so is nesting containers on the roadmap or not at all?

1 Like

I share your disappointment. Like you, I’d prefer not to run Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi because of the unreliability of SD card storage, opting instead for a container on my QNAP. It makes me wonder why there was even a release for a container-based distribution of Home Assistant. Considering the confusion over missing add-ons, one can only imagine the countless hours people have wasted trying to figure out the issue.

Hi, I too have the problem of missing addons.
my installation is HassOS, some time ago the addons started disappearing now I can’t find anything in the collection anymore.
If I try to re-enter the repo it tells me that it is already installed, but I don’t see anything.
Those already installed continue to work, but the icon has disappeared.
I tried uninstalling Hacs and restarting, but nothing… I can’t get to the bottom of the problem!

Sam issue here on rpi5 with nvme top hat (M2 drive as primary) with HAOS 12. No add-ons (nor “dodatki” as in my polish version) available in settings.
How to enter this “secret” menu ??

I have the same issue. I am using the docker container.
Does anyone have the same issue?

I have same problem in docker container.
Must again install the Home assistant with other way?

HA container (docker) does not have add-ons. Only HA OS and HA Supervised do.

1 Like

I’m running HA on RPI4 and yesterday after I’ve upgraded to the 2024.4 I’ve not been able to see the Add-Ons and HACS is not loading the UI.

It was just browser cache!