Home Assistant App for Garmin

I talked to the developer about the app log for ConnectIQ other apps.

From WindowsOS>Enduro2>Garmin>Apps
Copy the name of the app to create a .txt file
WindowsOS>Enduro2>Garmin>Apps>LOGS
If you save it, the log will accumulate.

However, the logarithms did not build up.
Is there a problem?

When I rebooted, the log did not accumulate.

But through CIQ_LOG.BAK
I found a meaningful log.

In response to this, there is a problem
Can it be a solution?

Just in case, E1225038.txt
I checked it by putting it in the LOGS folder
Logs have not piled up.

Sorry @jjy9331, neither of those posts are helping me much, and we are cross posting in two places.

I get there’s an error, but there’s nothing there to identify where or what, so I’m unable to use this new information.

Since we are now pursuing this on an issue at I would like to ask about the three problems that have occurred. · Issue #40 · house-of-abbey/GarminHomeAssistant · GitHub, please can I ask you restrict your posting to just there please? When we have resolved the issue, we can then post a summary here if that summary is of broader interest. Until then, perhaps best not to cross post here as well.

Thank you!

1 Like

I posted it together for a quick response.

In the future, I will put additional matters on the Github.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Additional question,
is it possible to use “confirm” with this situation:

"entity": "switch.exterior_entrada_luz",
          "name": "Entrada",
          "type": "toggle"

Not presently, hmm probably worth raising an issue for. We are now on the edge of what we can pack into the design without dropping old devices, so can’t promise anything.

Edit: See Confirm on toggle · Issue #79 · house-of-abbey/GarminHomeAssistant · GitHub

Great!
lights are maybe not the most necessary switch to be fitted with but I also use switch to trigger my garage door for example.

Hi !
Just one word to say a big THANK YOU.
Works perfectly well here(on a Venu 3) !

1 Like

Hi! I think the answer is no… but i have to try :slight_smile:

Is Garmin Forerunnner 45 supported?

Thanks!

Unfortunately not, it does not support the connect iq sdk

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

We have just released v2.4 of the GarminHomeAssistant application & widget. This will be the last feature release as we think:

1. We have completed the wish list
  2. We have run out of room without removing support for older devices. (In particular widgets on old watches)

Future updates will be bug fixes only.

The new features mean that you can now display the status of any entity providing you define the text to be shown via the Home Assistant template syntax, hence these menu items are of type template. These new menu items can optionally have a tap action too. The simpler tap and toggle items remainm along with group. All action menu items can have an optional confirm for the request.

Please share you ideas on how these features as a whole can be combined to provide useful functions! We are interested in showing off a range of ideas in our revised documentation at https://github.com/house-of-abbey/GarminHomeAssistant/blob/main/README.md as examples for others to follow. We’ll provide your preferred attribution to any samples we copy.

3 Likes

“Confirm” works like a charm!

Thanks !!

2 Likes

Also keen for some good app reviews :wink: .

Thanks for another awesome release!
Just a small idea: would it be possible to set a different battery refresh rate for during charging? I have currently set to only send battery info every 60 minutes as that is good enough. But it would be nice if I could configure it to update every 5 minutes when the watch is charging.

That is an interesting idea, but unfortunately, it is impossible. We cannot detect when charging starts and the way background services work, changing them would be a nightmare anyway.

Before adding new features, we need some new memory economies. Thank you for your compliment.

Hi, is it possible that after today homeassistant update stop working? Only black screen.
Problem was that today first: I have updated ap. Then change configuration to display entity status and it works fine. But ewening I have updated home assistant and then ap stop working.
Only black screen and after minute write that it is possibikity wrong adresse in configuration. And no phone connection.

I don’t understand what happend but now it work again.:man_facepalming:
I just switch on save configuration in settting to cache

So this part sounds like the watch does not have an Internet connection, e.g. through your phone. There is a known issue with the Connect IQ app on iPhones, such that when the phone no longer has the Connect IQ app in the foreground the watch loses it ability to connect to Home Assistant. This problem is beyond our control and we can’t fix it.

If that does not sound like your situation then I need to investigate a possible bug. What device are you using? And what’s your JSON configuration? Feel free to private message me with your JSON to avoid tell the whole world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:! I can then run some checks, e.g. your JSON in the simulation of your device.

Are you using an iPhone?