Home Assistant App for Garmin

@NP_Complete

Hello.
I modified the code as requested
The symptoms are the same…

The code shown here is the first code.
Please click on the link to see the last one.

Please check it.

Thank you.

We’ll track progress on the Github issue rather than duplicating here. Once we solve your issue, feel free to post lessons learned here for others.

Changed scene name to uppercase and lowercase, problem 3 solved.
However, the symptoms of question 1 are the same.
Do you know how to check the status of API call logs?

The symptoms for question 1 appear the same in other apps, HassControl apps. Is it Garmin’s own problem?

If I can click on the scene and check the log to see if the results are good or wrong, it will help me a lot to fix the problem.

Is it somehow possible to add parameters to a script when calling it via the tap_action?
I have something like this:

service: script.send_message
data:
  volume: 0.7

See Allow parameters to be send with tap menu items · Issue #52 · house-of-abbey/GarminHomeAssistant · GitHub, issue raised.

1 Like

The logbook lets me see when scenes were activated.
The Events listener does not appear to help with scene changes.

I’m really hoping someone else can answer this question better.

What I’m talking about is not HA’s logbook.

I think if I check the log content of communication from GarminHomeAssistantapi to HA, I will be able to check the problem more, what do you think?

Do I have to do it through Garmin sdk?

Hi,
In last release you have changed translation for execute string. In slovak is now Popravený it mean killed. Better will be maybe “spustený” It mean something like started.

Can you correct this by creating a corrections.xml file in the Slovak resources folder (there are examples of how to do this for French and German)?

Hi where is used string "confirm " ? I need to check what does it mean in context because normaly it is potvrď or potvrdiť .

Ouch! How about “send” which will hopefully translate better?

See instructions at https://github.com/house-of-abbey/GarminHomeAssistant/blob/main/README.md#submitting-corrections-for-translations for submitting corrections to translations in general.

Can you create a pull request with your amendments please?

But in this case, I think the original word does not translate well, and needs fixing for the English. I can sort that.

You will need to first create a fork of the repository, upload your file there and then create a pull request to bring your changes into the main branch, thanks.

I can try. I never did it before.

Can you check it?

Hi @jjusko,

As I mentioned, I need to amend this one a different way as I think the source rather than the language specific corrections needs the amendment in this case.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry for messing you around!

Edit: See Fix bad translation for all languages · Issue #56 · house-of-abbey/GarminHomeAssistant · GitHub, we’re on it.

Error: Array Out Of Bounds Error
Details: 'Failed invoking ’
Time: 2024-01-05T13:10:59Z
Part-Number: 006-B4341-00
Firmware-Version: ‘15.77’
Language-Code: kor
ConnectIQ-Version: 4.2.4
Store-Id: 61c91d28-ec5e-438d-9f83-39e9f45b199d
Store-Version: 12
Filename: E1225038
Appname: HomeAssistant
Stack: