Home Assistant Blog - Smart Home Pursuits

I’m glad you enjoy my blog! It’s still up for me, so I’m not exactly sure why you can’t access it…

It’s up for me now. Not sure what was going on yesterday! Thanks!

1 Like

PART 1: How to add Roborock S7 to Home Assistant. Includes all first-time setup steps including extracting the token and adding the Lovelace card.

** PART 2: Customize your Roborock Vacuum Map card to add text, define clickable zones. Also create a dropdown that lets you select a specific room or point to tell your vacuum to start cleaning.**

PART 3: Create Roborock Xiaomi Automations, scheduled zone cleanings, and configure with Google Assistant to tell Google to clean specific rooms or zones.

How to store and use Secrets in Home Assistant:

How To Display Microsoft Teams Presence Status in Home Assistant:

How to control Roborock S7 mop in Home Assistant:

Get notified whenever someone starts watching something on your Plex Media Server:

How to setup & use Trigger ID’s in Home Assistant to reduce the number of automations you have:

How to vacuum multiple rooms sequentially in Home Assistant with your Roborock vacuum:

How to Install “Mushroom Cards” and create a Mushroom Grid Dashboard:

4 Likes

Create Recurring Tasks in Home Assistant (HVAC filter replacement, water filter replacement, etc). This guide will also show you how to create Lovelace cards that display the number of days since a task was last completed, and how many days left until it needs to be done.

1 Like

How To Add A Steam Card to Home Assistant. This will display you and your Steam friends online status and currently played games.

How to Download TTS recording using Home Assistant:

How to make an old, dumb ceiling fan smart with the Bond Bridge & installing a ceiling fan remote control kit. Includes instructions for wiring up receiver, configuring the Bond app, and adding commands from the remote to the Bond Bridge.

Integrate Bond Bridge with Home Assistant! I also included the YAML for a bunch of ceiling fan cards that animate when the fan is running.

Add a Xiomi Mi Body Composition Scale 2 to Home Assistant:

WLED Addressable LED light strip guide. Includes hardware you’ll need, installation and wiring instructions, and basic WLED setup:

1 Like