Mushroom Cards - Build a beautiful dashboard easily 🍄 (Part 1)

Do you mind sharing how you placed the chips in one row like that? I haven’t been able to figure out a grid with layout card.

@Roflcopterer, @rolfokevin, you can use the Mush Chip Card as badge on top of all other cards:

The only caveat: Editing is done via the raw config (copy & paste)

views:
  - theme: Backend-selected
    title: []
    icon: mdi:toolbox-outline
    badges:
      - type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
        chips:
          - type: entity
            entity: xxx
          - type: entity
            entity: xxx
          - type: … and so on

alignment: center

3 Likes

Oh that is great, thanks!

1 Like

can I adjust the font size for the chip card, it is quite small for me. Thanks
Update: I did it by mushroom theme

Is there any way to use this card for an input_number helper just with a slider?

6 Likes

Smart Home Pursuits (@djbrooks022) published a lovely guide for Mushroom:

3 Likes

Has anyone found a way to create a shortcut to the Raw Config Editor?

Similar to the way the menu chip works, I would like to click the chip to bring me to edit mode or even better straight to the raw config editor.

Hoping to use something like this:

- type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
  alignment: center
  chips:
    - type: action
      icon: mdi:dots-vertical
      tap_action:
        action: navigate
        navigation_path: /lovelace-mobile/0?edit=1

grafik
In the mobile app on my iphone, this button has not enough space to display the left down button, somehow this needs to be able to cope with less screen space.

Hi. Great HACS Addon

My question, there seems to be no white colour option on the light slider bar for rgb lights ?

My LEDS work no problems but white would be nice as its my main colour and I cant get them back white if I change the colour.

Thanks

Not possible for now (but you can use the temperature color slider to do this if your light support it).

Mushroom color slider only controls the hue parameter because the slider a 1 dimensional control.
If you want to control the “saturation” parameter you can use the more-info popup using a hold_action or a double_tap_action.

Maybe a solution can be to display 2 slider (one for hue, one for saturation). I don’t have the solution in term of design. Mushroom is a minimalist design system, it can be hard to add lot of feature with a minimalistic style.

I think it’s better to use the standard layout instead of horizontal layout if you use 2 controls (buttons and slider).
The horizontal layout only allow 3 buttons instead due to the available space.

Hi

My LEDs are only RGB ( I prefer a cool white colour, not exactly 255, 255, 255) and don’t have RGBW, so would that not just be another colour to choose ?

Thanks

Martyn

Your cards are absolutely amazing. Many thanks for all your hard work! Really appreciated.

I have a question. I want to change the icon color of a chip entity. It’s a sensor and shows the nr of ‘on’ lights on each floor (the 3 first chips).

Would be great to show the icon color of the chip entity of the corresponding floors in yellow only when the active lights > 0 and black when the active lights = 0.

You can make a template chip and write the Jinja template logic for the icon color in the “Icon color” field.

However, I had a similar “problem” but I found a “solution” after realizing I don’t want to see those 0 chip cards anyway. I made a conditional chip that always has an amber color for the lights, but only shows the chip of it’s 1 more, so the color becomes irrelevant.

1 Like

Hi Poul,

First thanks for some awesome cards!

As this is my first post, I still need to learn the do(s) and dont(s)
I hope this is the right forum to report a bug I found.
To recreate:

1. create a view in a dashboard in lovelace
  2. set the “view type” to “Panel (1 card)”
  3. add the mushroom alarm card as the first card
  4. add history graph card as the second card

The bug is only visible in “Panel” mode, and is visible in:

• FireFox, WaterFox, Edge browsers (Windows 11)
  • FireFox (Linux mint)
  • FireFox, Home Assistant app (Samsung S10+)

With different browsers and native app, I feel the bug must be in mushroom. Yet I am no developer, so I cannot be sure.

I tried to take a screenshot where it is easy visible, that the card has a lot of space in the top, and pushes the buttons down, under the next card

Many thanks for your proposal.
Are you able to share your config for this conditional chip :wink: ?

Beautiful Cards. I’m updating my dashboard with these. Beginning with the covers card, as I’ve never been satisfied with other options.

I’d like to change the color of the icon from blue to #aa3251. For some reason it’s not working.

type: custom:mushroom-cover-card
entity: cover.blinds_office_west
color: null
show_buttons_control: true
show_position_control: true
icon: phu:blind-tilt-closed

and receive an error

Visual editor is not supported for this configuration:

* At path: color -- Expected a value of type `never`, but received: `null`

You can still edit your config in YAML.

Do I need to edit the YAML in the raw configuration editor?

For now, you can only use the color option for entity-card, template-card, entity-chip and template-chip.
You can customize all the cover-card color with theme : GitHub - piitaya/lovelace-mushroom-themes: Additional themes for Lovelace Mushroom Cards 🍄

mush-rgb-state-cover: 170, 50, 81      (#aa3251 color in rgb)

Thanks. I’m using another theme for the Dashboard. How do I add the Mushroom theme while still keeping my overall theme “Caule Black Rose”

Just add mushroom variables in your current theme :slightly_smiling_face: